Chapter 10

~Motley House~
when we had finally got home I was exhausted. I couldn't wait to just lie down and relax.
The car stopped at the front and Nikki and Tommy helped me up the apartment steps and into the living room. Nikki held me in place so I wouldn't fall over while Tommy fixed the couch for me to lay down on.
Everything hurt as I laid down...this is what near death experiences feel like.
Nikki sat down in the floor next to my head.
"how are you feeling?" Nikki said to me.
"amazing." I laughed a little trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work.
I tried to cough but every time I did my ribs hurt like hell.
"do you need any medicine? how about some water?" Nikki went on and on trying to comfort me.
"Nikki, calm down. I'm fine."
"That's the thing though...you're not."
"listen. it could've been so much worse. I'm lucky." I said reaching for his hand.
Before I could reach his hand he pulled it away and stood up quickly.
"no Jess, this is not what a lucky person looks like."
With that last statement, he stormed out of the apartment. I tried to stay awake until he came back but I slowly drifted off to sleep...I dreamt of the nights before and the events that took place. I hope things get better.
——
my chapters are going to be shorter now since I'm uploading more. also I hope everyone is doing great and staying healthy!💞