Chapter IV

Harleen Quinnzel is a jovial, yet serious character. Within a week she scored a job as a ex villain psychiatrist intern. She did have the degree and she certainly had the experience. She needs only a few months worth of experience for her to become a junior, then after a year she'd be a full fledged Ex Villain Psychiatrist.

Every day she wore her classic work outfit. A pencil skirt, red shirt and knee long lab coat.

Izuku is doing well in his line of work as a hero. He's currently the number 5 hero with Todoroki tailing behind. Izuku had plans to go out with some friends for once. He was to meet up with Mirio and Nejire. He was to meet them at the mall after his morning patrol. This happened to be Harleen's lunch break so he invited her as well. She had a much break of two hours. She starts work at 7:00 then goes for break at 12:00 - 2:00 then works again until 5:00. This just happened to sync up with Izuku's school schedule and work schedule though sometimes things aren't as perfect.

Izuku turned a corner to see a young woman in a red shirt and lab coat. That was the one, the only, Harleen Quinnzel. He strode up to her. "Harley, how was work?" He said greeting the ex villain. "It was the usual. Himiko is making progress." She answered. Himiko had left villainy in favour of her new born child Hirako. Dabi, the father has gone missing for sometime now but assurance that he'll support his child. "That's nice. Y'know, back in my younger years Toga used to have the biggest crush on me. She was sooo obsessed." Izuku revealed. "I can see why." "Huh?" "Izuku, darling you are so dense. Let's make a list. Your sweet, kind, meek, humble, stronger than most humans alive, sexy, great muscles, your sensitive." She ended up daydreaming about the man beside her. "Oho, looks like I have another fangirl." He choked. "H-hey. Still it's not like I'm lying. Your turn. Describe me." She said. "Well, your determined, cute but stubborn, smexy especially in that lab coat and fake glasses, your funny, have a great bo-- I mean personality and that's it." He listed. "My first fanboy." She cheered. "I will admit that if in were a normal guy then I'd be a total simp for you." Izuku chuckled a little. "Why don't you?" "Because I'm not a regular guy." He answered. Harleen giggled like a little girl.

Soon Harleen noticed all the state's when was getting. Being in a lab coat makes you stand out. For some reason she felt watched at all angles. Izuku realized this and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Play along." He ordered. She trusted Izuku. Not because he was noble, but because he was denser than lead. Slowly but surely the stares subsided. All men-- no most men follow bro code. Rule number two: never look at another man's girl for more than a second or two.©

"How did you do that?" She asked in astonishment. "I exploited bro code." He said. "Huh?" "I explain when we get home." He said. She felt his heavy arm slowly withdraw. When held his hand and pulled back over her shoulder. "I kinda like it." She justified. Izuku chuckled. "Why?" "Cuz I feel safe."

"Hey! There they are." Called a voice. Mirio was waving for them to come. When they reached the couple Izuku removed his arm, much to the discomfort of Harleen.

"Glad you could make it!" Said Mirio. "Always a pleasure. Nice to see Nejire." "Heya. Hey, who's that? Is she your girlfriend? Is she a hero? Is she a westerner? Does she have a name?" She rapid fired.

"No, I'm his closest female friend. I'm actually an Ex villain. I'm an ex villain psychiatrist now. I'm half East half west. And my name is Harleen Quinnzel, but you can call me Harls." She answered. "Okay!" Nejire cheered.

The two boys looked on in shock. Mirio went right next to Izuku and whispered, "If she can keep up with Nejire, she's a keeper." "Dont you think I know that." Izuku countered.

The four took of towards the mall. On the way Nejire and Harleen automatically became best friends lol.

"So what kinda shoes should I get?" She asked. "Hmmm. Teal flats will go great with a pair a jeans shorts and...." Harleen went on and on.

"How do you handle her?" Mirio asked. "Blood, sweat and smiles." He answered. "Oh yeah, how is she doing after the episode?" "She's good. Though I fear that another is imminent." He mumbled. "Really? Y'know what, I won't pry."

At the mall the girls ran off as they jumped from store to store. With every new store a new clothing item was bought, mainly for Nejire. "Hey! Mirio! Can you help me pick out something?" She asked. Mirio nodded. "We won't be long." He told Izuku before running off.

Izuku just stood their as if he were guarding something. He saw Harleen walking towards him. "Too much lovey dovey for my taste." She said. "Yeah they've been doing that since I met them." Izuku chuckled. "Really? Nice. Anyway I got a call from Psy Corp. I have the rest of the day off. Maybe I can join you on your patrols." "If you wish."

"Can't you sound happy for once?" She grinned. "I can. But only for you." He joked. "You don't sound happy to me." She argued. "If you say so. They're probably gonna be hear for a while so let's get some food." Izuku suggested. "Okay Jazzy! But take off the glasses. Your scaring people. And I wanna see that handsome face of yours." She ordered. Izuku removed his sunglasses and shoved them in his pocket. "Now take of your fake glasses. Actually, keep them on." He said. "Why?" "Makes it easier to resist staring." He whispered. She blushed. "So.... I heard that you and that floaty girl are pretty close aren't yah?" She questioned. "Yeah. We were. Well, we weren't ever together but we were very close." Izuku answered. "Have you ever considered a relationship?" She asked. "Yes. I was once in a relationship. Didn't work out." Izuku said. "Really?" "Yeah, her name was Nagi Denoji. She's.... a bit obsessive." He described. "Oh... are you considering.... dating again?" She inquired. "Yeah actually. I am." "Would you..... go out with me?"

Before Izuku could respond to her sentence Izuku felt a shift in the auditory atmosphere. He heard a faint ticking. It was getting louder meaning it was getting closer. He turned to see a man in a bomb jacket.

He jumped on top of him and use Sound waves to push everyone out of the way. "Izuku!" Harleen shouted. She watched as he used sound waves to contain the blast.

"Run!" He shouted.

Btooomm

The blast that insued sent a shockwaves throughout the mall. People ran and screamed from their lives. The expulsion was contained but some fires erupted. "Jazz? Jazzy?" Harleen cried. She walked towards the crater.

She fell to the ground crying. When she head shuffling. Harleen looked to see Izuku limping away from the site.

"Jazz!" Izuku climbed out and collapsed. "Help! Someone please!" She pleaded. Paramedics were on the scene in matter of minutes and picked him up.

"Breaking News. A suicide bomber was foiled today at the local mall. Luckily pro hero Jazz Master, a former student of UA and a U.A university student was on the scene. He suppressed the blast with his quirk at a cost of being horribly injured. He is the only one to sustain injuries. Those injuries include.... Oh dear.... I can't read this..." the reporter left the set with tears in her eyes.

It was bad

Words 1310

Posted 21/10/2020