2.8

____________________________

"You like me?"

Chaera smiled. "Me? Like you?"

Jacob frowned. He didn't know why he was sad hearing that. Do I like her, he asked himself in his thoughts.

"Of course I like you. You're a likable person!" She smiled. "Why else would we be friends?" Jacob hid back his pain and smiled.

"Yeah you're right.."

Chaera got up and extended her arm out. "C'mon get up, Sunwoo made something for you to eat."

"How did you know I didn't eat yet?"

"Well if I were you I wouldn't want to eat because I have to wash dishes." She shrugged

"Ah.." Jacob nodded. He held her hand and Chaera pulled him up.

-

"Okay so I gave you how long to make this?!" Chaera yelled at Sunwoo.

"You were in that room for 30 minutes! What do you expect me to make?!" Sunwoo yelled back.

They began bickering back and forth until Jacob chuckled. They looked at him straight in the eyes and started crowding him.

"Did you just smile?"

"Did you jUST LAUGH AT US?"

"Omg Sunwoo we're making the child laugh!"

"What I'm older than both of you-"

"Chaera we should throw a celebration party!"

"Guys-"

"SURE!" Chaera exclaimed excitedly.

-

Sunwoo then left early after Jacob finished eating. "Bye guys!"

"Take care of Eric well!" Chaera waved as he went out the door.

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever." Sunwoo chuckled and left. He never took care of Eric. Eric always took care of him. He lied so they could spend time together. Although he liked Chaera, he knew she liked Jacob.

Chaera turned around after closing the door and almost bumped into Jacob. Jacob pinned her to the door. He coldly looked at her. She would be lying if she said he wasn't handsome in her eyes at the moment. In fact, he was handsome every moment.

He stared into her eyes and moved closer.
"I held it back because Sunwoo was here.." he whispered to her.

Chaera gulped. She knew it was wrong. It was all wrong. Just when Jacob leaned in she turned away.
"You haven't broken up with Hari yet." She mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

"We broke up."

Chaera looked at him in shock and he quickly took his chance and kissed her. The sounds of the rain pouring and hitting the window filled the silence.

Jacob let go and stared at her.

"I," she paused. "I don't want to do this to Hari still-"

"Were you also lying?" Jacob asked.

"What?"

"You must be the owner of the account chachairack and not only that, you told me you're Hari." Jacob raised a brow.

"Jacob-"

"Why did you do that?" Jacob asked. Sorrow was in his eyes. Almost anybody could tell he was sad.

"Because I wanted Hari to be happy." Chaera answered bluntly. "What's so bad about wishing for the people you love to be happy?"

"But that was all a lie Chaera yet you still did it? You knew what will happen too. Hari is full of regrets and she holds them easily. You know that so why did you make her hold onto a lie?"

Chaera scoffed, "You kiss me and now you scold me? Choose an emotion won't you? Why are you so bipolar?"

"Me? Bipolar? You're two-faced Chaera. You act all innocent but really put your friend in a position that you know is hard for her." Jacob fought back.

Heat built up in her body. She wanted to hit him. "I was right," Chaera voice shook. Tears formed in her eyes, "You are just like everybody else I've met. You act all nice then ruin it by fucking showing your true colors last minute, but you know what? You're the worst out of everybody I met."

Chaera pushed him off of her, grabbed her stuff, and stopped at the door. "Don't talk to me. Ever. I'm sick of being played. Especially by nice guys like you." Jacob reached out to her but she shut the door and left.

Jacob fell to the ground in regret. He hit himself on the head. "Why are you so stupid Jacob..?"