1.0

____________________________________

1 Year Ago

Jacob smiled and approached his girlfriend's house. He held a medicine box and bouquet of sunflowers as a memory of their time at a valley filled with sunflowers. He took in a breath of the sunflowers and picked a key under a mat. He placed the key into the socket and turned.

The door clicked and Jacob walked in with the happiest smile. "Juhee? Are you home?" Jacob asked as he searched around the house. Steps clicked down from the stairs and Jacob turned. A smile grew on his face and hugged the girl who came down tightly.

With a nervous smile the girl spoke, "How come you're here out of nowhere?" Jacob gave her a funny look then proceeded to smile, "Yesterday you weren't feeling so good so I decided to come here."

He held up the medicine box and placed down medicine for colds. Jacob gave her the flowers and cleaned up around her house. "You need to clean more often Juhee, you could also get sick from all this dust." Juhee nodded and kept looking up the stairs.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked, noticing how she continuously would look up. She shook her head with a smile, "Oh it's nothin-" "Are you sure? Maybe it's the windows I'll go close them for you."

Before Juhee could stop him, he went. Jacob went up the stairs and closed the windows. "Aish, it's quite cold out but you still open the windows." He then went inside her room.

Then and there was someone he didn't want to see. It was the same guy she dated before him—half naked. Jacob held in his pain with a smile and closed the windows.

Quickly, he walked down the stairs and tried to leave. Juhee grabbed his arm and called him, "Jacob-"

"Hey," Jacob said with a broken smile, "I know I'm not the best boyfriend. I know I can't provide you as much as your exes," He hugged her and said, "Take good care of yourself because I will no longer be able to." He broke the hug and walked away.

Tears dripped from his eyes as he walked out the house and quickly wiped them. He made a new goal for the rest of his life, to never fall in love again.