''You guys can have him, honestly.'' The words feel like acid on my tongue and I hope they didn't notice how much it took for me to say them.

''Oh, yeah?'' Jenn shares a look with Soy. ''Where were you when we called you down to leave that night?''

''On the roof.'' I was...

''If you tell me you're smoking again, I swear-'' Soyan starts, clearly indignant and getting the wrong impression. They know I used to go up there for a smoke, they went with me a couple of times.

''I wasn't smoking..." I hesitate. "a cigarette.''

''Then what? Meth?'' Jenn inputs.

''You don't smoke meth,'' I roll my eyes. ''And it was just weed.''

''So you were smoking a blunt up on the roof... all by yourself?'' she raises further.

''Yes. No.'' I don't know if the panting I'm now doing is due to the pace I just reared on the treadmill or the memory of being on the roof with him. Did I seriously admit to being comfortable around him? I can't fucking believe myself sometimes. I let the guy blow smoke up my fucking mouth... I would punch any man that even attempts to get that close to my face in the nuts, but all I wanted to do was pull him closer.

I'm never getting high with him again.

''Ugh, give it up already. The only other person missing downstairs was him.'' Soyana grumbles.

''It was coincidental, though. I just needed fresh air, he happened to be smoking up there.'' I divulge.

Both of them lose the playfulness in their eyes. ''Are you having them again?'' Soyana poses, concerned.

Jenn also looks like she's about to sob. ''Please tell us if you've had another epis-''

I cut them off. ''I'm good. Haven't had one in a while, but you know they come and go.''

Their expressions visibly ease. ''Bells, he seems really lovely. Sure, he may be the inverse to Josh. Little closed off, but no signs of a sarcastic asshole. He willingly offered to come pick you up and raced out the damn building, you have no idea." Soyana declares. "I'm only discerning pros here, is all I'm saying.''

''He's actually really funny,'' I state. I don't know why I felt the need to defend his character, she didn't even say he wasn't funny, just that he didn't seem like the sarcastic kind. I just don't want them to think of him as some type of arid person, just because he doesn't act like a clown in public. Nobody's ever made me laugh like he did in that kitchen last week.

''See! You've got it bad for the sex god. Good for you, babe. There's no doubt in if he likes your Jennifer Lopez ass, as well. Ivan said he looked like he wanted to bite her head off when she kissed you on the cheek.'' Jenn proclaims.

''I don't know, you guys...'' I waver.

''What's the worst that could happen? He could actually treat you right?'' Soyan solicits.

''Oh, the horror.'' Jenn feigns revulsion with a hand to her heart.

''What if he doesn't?''

''What?'' they speak in unison.

''What if he doesn't treat me right?'' I key. ''Sure, he seems like a great guy. Polite, nice to look at, that accent... it's all very appealing. I would have to be brutally gay for me to not be attracted to him. But the guy could crush me in a heartbeat if he wanted to. I can't handle that.''

Understanding dawdles behind Jenn's gaze. ''Bell, what your dad did to your m-''

Again, I'm cutting off sentences. ''It's not even about that. Not entirely, anyway. He's Kayden Dominguez.''