Tangled Webs: Ten

Start from the beginning

Seokjin only hums in answer and Jungkook knows he's unconvinced, but he leaves him alone and Jungkook takes the opportunity to go hide away in his room, desperate for some alone time.

He hates talking about the past. It always brings painful memories to him, even months later. He still hasn't moved past it, and parts of him despise that he hasn't, but he's better now than he was, even if he still feels miles away from the person he used to be.

But lately, he feels more at peace, ever since he started sleeping with Chaeyoung. Like she's cleansing him slowly.

He falls on his desk chair, opening his computer, and watches the screen lightening up, blankly staring at the display.

He's not in the mood.

He glances at his phone, but with Seokjin's warning still fresh, maybe it's not the best idea for her to come over today, especially since she was just over yesterday.

He sighs, unsure what to do with himself.

How funny.

His libido has risen up to the roof these days, but he's blaming it on stress.

Which is why, he reasons, their meetings are more and more frequent. It started with once or twice a month, and now he sometimes texts her twice a week, and unless she's busy, she always agrees.

He's still surprised every time he receives a positive answer, always expecting her to put an end to this, but she still hasn't.

And neither has he.

At least he's reassured that they're on the same wavelength. She's never initiated a meeting though. He's always attributed to her shyness, but they've known each other for some time now, she should feel comfortable enough with him.

Maybe he could talk about it with her next time. It could give him some insight on how she views their arrangement since they never really talked about it. Maybe just to make sure they're both truly on the same page. He's not some asshole who would want to let a woman think there's a chance for more when there isn't.

He isn't ready. He doesn't know when he'll ever be ready. But maybe it feels closer than before. Months ago, the idea of any sort of relationship almost disgusted him.

Now, he just wants to be careful.

Make sure to let the right person in.

He already made a mistake once.

A mistake that broke him down so bad, he had to fix himself back up. He butchered himself back together, unable to get the pieces all back like they used to be.

He's not happy, but somehow, as time passed by, his days got a little easier to go through.

Maybe 'later' isn't that far off into the future, not anymore.

Maybe.

<><><>

If someone asked Jennie whether she regrets the choice she made of becoming an idol, she would definitively say no. Sure there were all the uncertainties of whether she would debut or not, if she would get along with the other girls she was paired with, if the public would like them. If she had what it took to make it.

And survive.

Then she finally debuted, she loves the girls that are by her side, and the public likes their songs well enough too.

But her life is still far from perfect.

There are the haters, the rivalry, the jealousy.

Her yoga teacher that she can't run away from.