Tangled Webs: Three

--THREE--

The person who first said 'Out of sight, Out of mind' clearly didn't know what they were talking about.

Chaeyoung has tried her best to forget everything in relation to Jeon Jungkook, but her mind stubbornly refuses to comply with her wishes. Instead, it keeps pushing reminders of him to the front, overpowering all her other thoughts.

She had told herself that she would put that night – and morning – behind her, but her little plan had crumbled into pieces the moment he started talking to her.

Her mouth had dried up, her body had tensed, on full alert.

He looked so alluring, so tempting.

Meeting him again had not helped at all. In fact, she just dug herself deeper into the hole she's been stuck in ever since the moment she woke up with him by her side by giving him her phone number.

He wants to see her again.

And against all her better judgment, she wants to see him again too.

So she waits.

And hopes that maybe during that wait, this crazy lust for him will slowly disappear.

But it doesn't.

It's almost a week after their meeting at the Seoul Music Awards that Chaeyoung receives the text with a capital T.

She's absolutely not counting the days.

His name is simply saved as 'J' in her contact list so if for some reason people – any of their staff, her members, anyone really – saw it, they wouldn't be suspicious. Jungkook isn't a common name after all.

No, she's not paranoid at all.

She doesn't want to admit it, but she's lived that week on the edge of the cliff, dreading or anticipating that text he told her he'd send.

Dreading! Her mind screams at her. Anticipating! Her body screams at her. It would drive any sane person crazy.

Did he purposely drag this out, to torture her? To reaffirm his control over the situation?

And now that she's received it, her fingers itch to take her phone and read the message, but her brain definitively knows that none of his words will push her in a good direction.

She's not someone who has drunk sex. He said he's not either. Her heart had sagged in relief to hear that, a little against her will because why should she care that he's not. But at least it's good to know that she wasn't another name among hundreds of others on his list of women he had a one-night stand with.

It's been three weeks since a drunken night with Jeon Jungkook and she has finally come to terms with the fact that her body still lusts after him, in a way that's completely new to her.

Flashes of the few parts that she remembers kept popping in her head at the oddest of times, annoyingly distracting.

It didn't stop as time passed by. The intensity of the memories didn't even diminish.

Memories of heat, unsatiated fires, and scorching touches.

She's tried to repress those memories and pretend that night didn't happen, that it was a tiny worthless mistake, soon to be forgotten.

But no matter what she did, she still remembered.

It haunted her days and nights, and she grew so frustrated as she couldn't understand why.