Tangled Webs: Six

__SIX__

Her chat with Jisoo lingers in her mind for the rest of the week.

She keeps repeating to herself that it's just lust, even though it never happened to her before. But first times for everything, right? And it's not like they have deep conversations, or send each other texts for fun.

Jisoo's worrying for nothing.

Besides the fact that he has Bigbang albums and his room looks like a gamer haven, she knows nothing about him, and that sits perfectly fine with her. She doesn't want to know about his childhood struggles, his favorite food, or what his dreams are.

She doesn't want to go on dates, hold hands, and share soft kisses under the moonlight.

No, she's perfectly fine with their status quo.

They just need to be a little more careful. The last time had been a close call as they almost got caught by a staff member when they left the room -and yes, she might have skipped that part when she admitted her abrupt blunder to Jisoo. She almost had a heart attack when they noticed the man heading their way, who luckily for them had his eyes on his phone.

Only Jungkook's quick reflexes saved them from being spotted.

She's pulled out of her thoughts when someone bumps into her, throwing her a mumbled apology. She turns around with a frown, but the guy is practically out of reach already, running in the corridor at full speed.

She shrugs. Probably late for something.

"Are you okay?"

She turns back to see Seventeen's Woozi in front of her. They've been guest panellists for The Masked Singer for the past two weeks and they somehow ended up talking after the shooting of the first episode.

They both share a passion for music, so the conversation had flown naturally between them.

"I'm fine, it was a light bump," she reassures with a smile, the incident already forgotten.

"If you're sure," he says with a frown but changes the subject when he sees her smile. "So what did you think of today's performances? The Mysterious Zombie Queen's last song was awesome, right?" he asks, talking about the winner of the last round.

"Oh yes! And that last high note... She totally nailed it, I'm so jealous!"

They gush some more about that one contestant whom they're both favoring, uncaring of the looks passersby throw them as they're standing in the middle of the floor's main hallway where the recording studio is located.

Chaeyoung finds herself enjoying talking to him and it seems he feels the same. It's so rare for her to speak naturally to people she doesn't know, even less making new friends that fast, so it's satisfying how effortlessly they're getting along.

"I heard someone from Twice might appear on the show next week," he shares.

"I heard. I can't wait!"

"Ah yes, I think your group has a good relationship with theirs?"

Chaeyoung nods. "Yes, we're good friends with Twice and Red Velvet. Don't you guys have a group you're all close too?"

"We're all very different, and we're a greater number, so instead of being friends with a whole group, all of us have our separate group of friends."

He makes it sound like they're not all close with each other, but she doesn't dare ask. They might be close in a different way, and even if they aren't, it shouldn't matter.