Chapter 19

Chapter 19

After the lessons I took Ben out for ice cream as promised and Colin joined us. Jeremy wanted to stay at the orphanage to try out his new camera.

Colin and Ben got along so well. He took Ben on his shoulders as we walked to the ice cream parlor and spoiled him with two scoops of ice cream. Since neither Colin nor me liked ice cream we both ordered a milkshake with soy milk. He paid for me, which I refused but he wouldn't let me pay for myself.

We sat down in a corner of the backyard of the shop. The weather was beautiful and I enjoyed the autumn sun shining warm on my face while Colin and Ben were enganged in a conversation about all the new animals Ben discovered in the backyard of the orphanage. He loved every living being. Which made me love this kid even more.

After we dropped Ben off at the orphanage Colin took my elbow so that I had to face him.

„Look Jenna. I'm really sorry about thursday. I don't want to get in the way of your relationship. I just wanted to let you know that.“

I actually was disappointed that he waved off the events of thursday so easily.

„It's fine I guess. Everything is normal between Eoin and me.“ I said, trying to hide my feelings.

„Okay. Good.“ Long silence. „Well, I was thinking“ he continued. „Next week is Halloween and I thought about getting some costumes from the dressmaker who worked with us on Merlin. So that the kids could dress up like Merlin and Arthur or Ladies of the court. Would that be okay? I want to make them happy. They are really lovely kids!“

„Of course that's okay. Well more than okay! They would be so happy!“ I told him excited already picturing Halloween in my mind.

„Great! Could you find out which size each kid has? And which costume they might want? But it's going to be a surprise so don't tell them!“

„Of course! I'll text you the informations. And I'll look for a location and make arrangements for the decoration. Maybe a round table or maybe horses? There is so much we could do!“

„I'll think about it and call you okay?“

„Okay!“

He waved and turned to leave.

Colin's POV

„Colin?“ she called after me.

I turned around and waited for what she wanted to say.

„Thank you! This will mean a lot to the kids. And to me.“ she said sincere.

I smiled and thought to myself „I would do anything to make you happy!“. I nodded and turned around again, turned to the left walking around town for a while. It was painful playing indifferent infront of Jenna. What I actually wanted to say was, that she should leave Eoin and be with me. Forever. But I couldn't be so selfish. They were in a relationship and I would have to accept that. And for a brief moment I had thought about staying away from her completely but that would be too painful! So I decided that I would stay in her life and would do anything in my power to make her happy, even though I could never be with her.

I snapped out of my thoughts and reminded myself that I had a Halloween event to plan.