Chapter 23

Colin's POV

The week got by rather quickly and it was already friday. The weather had turned suddenly into winter with the first snow of the year covering the pavement as I walked up to the theatre. Katie was playing Ophelia in Hamlet. Since it was her first theatre experience she was very excited and we would all happily be there to calm her nerves. All but Eoin and Santiago who were still abroad filming. But I could already spot Bradley and Megan as they just walked up to Jenna who was wrapped up in a thick coat to protect her from the cold air. Joining the group I hugged them all but Jenna a little tighter than the other ones. Just as we let go, I could hear Toms voice saying hello to everyone as he arrived.

We quickly got inside to escape the cold and went to drop off our coats. I helped Jenna out of hers and was amazed by how good she looked in her cream gown. It hugged her curves in all the right places and it was really hard to take my eyes off her. We sat down and shortly after the curtain rose and the play began.

Midway into the second part of the play I could see that Jenna was fumbling with something in her hands. A thread of her dress had gotten loose and she played with it nervously. So I grabbed her hand to stop her from pulling it out further. She looked at me surprised but understood. Even though I could have let go of her hand by then I just kept it in mine, enjoying the warmth radiating from her skin. I traced her gracious long fingers with mine and felt every curve of her skin to the point that I probably knew it by heart. Her skin was so soft! I didn't even pay attention to the play anymore so I was surprised when it was over and everyone started clapping. I had to let go of her hand then sadly. While we clapped my thoughts wandered. I was so confused and angry at myself at the same time and also felt sorry for Jenna that I couldn't control myself around her. She must have been confused as well by my actions today. I swore I would stay away, yet I always made those little moves on her, even though they weren't made intentionally. I was just so completely and utterly in love with Jenna that I couldn't think straight.

After it was over we got up and went towards the area where only the actors were allowed to wait for Katie. Almost there Tom pulled me aside from the group.

„Colin? Can I speak to you for a moment?" Tom asked.

„Of course. What is it?" I answered though I could already guess by his disappointed look.

„You have to stop with the flirting. Jenna and Eoin are together and I don't think you are making it easier for them by getting Jenna confused all the time."

„I know" I looked down, ashamed. „It's like I can't think clearly anymore as soon as she is around. My whole being is drawn towards her."

„I'm sorry mate. I think you would make a wonderful couple too but she is Eoins girlfriend and they are happy. Don't ruin it for them. If you two should be together it would happen without you interfering all the time."

„I know" Tom patted me on the back and we started walking towards the group. I tried to stand as far away from Jenna so I wouldn't do anything foolish again.

Jenna's POV

I was confused. Again. And tempted. Again. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided on a drastic manner. I would take the next flight to Albuquerque tomorrow. I could take a week worth of vacation without a problem because it was rather calm at the office right now. Anything I needed to do I could as well do from Albuquerque. I needed to spent time with Eoin to get back my perspective. Hopefully some time spent away from Colin would get my head straight and I would simply forget my feelings for him. Because the way it was now it couldn't continue. So I excused myself from the rest of the group, telling Katie quickly how good she was and left off. At home I got out my suitcase and packed for a week. Then I left a message for Alice and booked a flight for first thing tomorrow. I decided that I would surprise Eoin on set so I didn't tell him anything when we talked on the phone to say good night. Then I remembered that I wanted to spent Saturday with Katie and the kids, so I left them a message as well telling them that I would be back next week.