Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Being in Ireland is one of the best things ever! It was quite sunny and warm and after I visited the location of the new shop and gave my approval I went for a walk. The next days I spent driving around Dublin and enjoying the landscape. I found a lonely meadow and got out my Ipod and danced to A thousand years by Christina Perri.

I received quite a lot texts from Eoin over the time asking me how I was and what I´m doing which was really sweet. To know that he cared about things like that. I was actually really missing him!

When I got back to London I immediately got a text from Eoin saying I should come over.

After unpacking and showering I drived to his place. When he opened the door he engulfed me in a hug and swung me around which made me laugh.

„Finally you´re back“ he said smiling like mad and released me. „I got us food from the Italian Restaurant we went on our first date. You hungry?“

„Actually I´m starving!!!“ I smiled and he led me into the backyard of his apartment where he had prepared a table with some candles. It looked quite romantic! So to thank him I took his face in my hands and gave him a long kiss. Just as I was about to pull back he put his hand in my neck and deepened the kiss. He slid his tongue over my bottom lip asking for entrance. I hesitated at first but gave in finally letting his tongue explore my mouth gently wrestling with my tongue. We then pulled away slightly out of breath.

„Lets eat“ he said helping me sit down like a gentleman does.

While we ate I told him about Dublin and he told me what he was doing.

„Would you like to come to a pub with me tomorrow? A few of my friends would come too if you don´t mind. They would love to meet you!“

„Of course!“ I said smiling.

We finished eating and I helped him wash the dishes which gained me another kiss.

After that we sat down on the couch putting in The Notebook. And Eoin actually seemed to enjoy it! I wouldn´t have thought that. He looks like these tough kind of men that wouldn´t show feelings as openly. When it came to the scene where they finally kissed again after all these years he turned to me and kissed me really gentle and long. When he pulled back he took my hands into his and looked intensely in my eyes.

„Jenna?“

„Hmm...“ I hummed.

„I know that sounds like I´m a teenage boy but... Will you be my girlfriend?“

I was somehow expecting it but I was still a little shocked. I quickly tried to gain back a normal expression on my face. How was I gonna explain to him why I couldn´t be his girlfriend when I didn´t even really knew myself?

Trying to put my feelings into words I began: „I´m sorry Eoin. But I don´t think I can be your girlfriend.“

When his face started to fell I quickly said „Please don´t get me wrong! I like you! You´re sweet, caring and not to mention handsome“ I laughed and his mood lightend a little bit.

„But I don´t know if I like you in that way. Besides I really like my freedom... So please don´t be angry with me when I say no.“

He smiled weakly at me.

„Can´t we just continue this like it is, without having to give it a name?“ I begged.

He thought for a moment and nodded.

I hugged him really tightly and burried my head in the crock of his neck.

„I still want you to get to know my friends though!“ Eoin said after we pulled away.

„And I would still love to meet your friends!“ I gave him a big smile and a quick peck.

„I´m curious of all the awkward stories they are going to tell me about you“ I teased with a smirk on my face. He pinned me down and started to tickle me. I laughed uncontrollable and pleeded him to stop.

„Just if I get a kiss“ he said.

„Sounds like a fair price.“ I grinned and put my hands on his neck to pull him down to me. The kiss got heated but after I declined his offer to become his girlfriend I thought it wouldn´t be the best idea to spend the night. So I broke the kiss which made him pout.

„Sorry but no more for today. I´m going to leave now.“

„Yeah, maybe thats a good idea. I probably need some time to think...“ he said a little sad.

„I´m sorry! Really!“ I said looking deep into his eyes making sure he believes me.

„I know.“ And after a while of just looking at each other he suddenly said „Your eyes are green! I always thought they were brown but that´s just the little star around you´re pupil. Damn, you´re eyes are really beautiful!“

„Thanks!“ I said blushing.

„I like when you blush!“ he said with a smirk on his face. Which made me blush even more. He just laughed and kissed me on the cheek.

„Come on. I´ll get you to the door.“

We kissed goodbye and I drove home thinking about everything.

I called Lauren when I got home to discuss the events of the evening.

„I think you made the right decision! It would be unfair to him if you would have said yes while you don´t like him like that. And you could always agree later when you´re sure that you like him that much.“ she said.

Thinking about it I agreed. „You always know what to say, don´t you?“

„No, actually I don´t. But I know you! And I know that if you find the right guy it will be easy for you to love him. So be patient with yourself! And maybe Eoin´s that guy. Only time will tell. So stop putting yourself under pressure!“

„Thanks Lauren! You really are the greatest friend anyone could ask for!“

„Awww...you´re so cute!“ She laughed. „But now go to bed and stop thinking!“

And so I did.

Sorry for the long wait...I´ve been quite busy. But I´ll have more time now and update more often! And thanks for the 35 reads! Love you all!