Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jenna´s POV

I wook up to a text from Eoin saying „Good morning love :)“

It made me smile and hopeful that he wasn´t mad at me anymore for saying no.

Morning handsome! xx“ I replied smirking.

I pick you up at 8 tonight. My friends are eager to meet you :)“

Actually I´m just coming around your place then. I got an appointment nearby... So see you then! Have a nice day <3“

I quickly got out of bed and did my morning routine. Work was nice as always since it was my dreamjob. I even worked over hours. There was always so much to do. So for that reason my appointment this afternoon would be to hire a personal assistant.

When I got home I quickly showered and changed into a darkblue one shoulder shirt and a black skirt for tonight and high heels (on the side).

Seeing Eoin after I rejected him was weird and the car ride to the pub was awkwardly quiet. But after he parked he took my hand and kissed it.

„Are you ready?“ he asked.

„Yeah. I´m just a little nervous.“ I replied honestly.

„Don´t worry! They will like you.“ he gave my hand a squeeze and we got out of the car.

Colin´s POV

I was sitting at a corner in our favourite pub with my best friend Bradley and his girlfriend Megan and Santiago who I knew from work as well. Eoin had asked us to come since he wanted us to meet a girl he seemed to be really fond of.

I heard the door open and looked around to see Eoin and her move in our direction. She was smiling at him and he looked at her with a loving look in his eyes. To see that made my heart ache. If I wouldn´t have been so stupid the other night I would be the one introducing her to my friends now.

* Flashback *

When we entered the club that night I instantly noticed a woman probably a little older than twenty. She had wavy lightbrown hair that reached to her waist. She was pretty tall for a girl, maybe a little smaller than me. There was something about her. I couldn´t figure out what but I instantly liked her.

She was comforting her friend that didn´t looked too happy. They went over to the bar and ordered drinks which they quickly drowned and asked for another round. After they had quite a few she took her friend over to the dancefloor.

Her friend started dancing like crazy due to the amount of alcohol in her body. But she flowed with the music quite gracefully and I would bet alot of money that she took dancing lessons in her free time. She danced like she wanted to seduce someone but wasn´t looking at anyone. Looking closely you would sometimes see hints of ballet in the way she moved. Her whole body seemed tense but smooth at the same time.

I quickly looked at my friends when I heard them laugh but got distracted again looking at that girl. That was when I heard Eoin say „Sorry lads, but I gotta get that girl.“ and with that he left. I was shocked when he walked over to „my“ girl even though I couldn´t call her that now because I was stupid enough to wait too long to talk to her. And now Eoin was flirting with her and the worst thing was that she seemed to like it. He took her over to the bar and got drinks for them. After they talked a little Eoin waved at us and left with her.

I was jealous and angry at the same time. Angry at myself for being so stupid and too shy to do something. Since my mood was ruined I got up and said goodbye to the rest of the group as well.

* End of Flashback *

Jenna´s POV

I smiled at Eoin a little bit nervous to meet his friends but he gave me a reassuring look. When we reached them Eoin introduced me. „That´s Bradley and his girlfriend Megan over here. This is Santiago and this is Colin. Lads... This is Jenna“

I looked at everyone repeating their names in my head trying to get them right. When I looked at Colin though something in me changed. Looking into his beautiful blue eyes I could look straight into his soul and what I saw I really liked. One look and he captured my heart. His eyes were so loving and kind. He looked like he would never hurt anyone and could make you happy no matter how sad you were before. I felt safe looking into his eyes like I could relax and forget anything bad in this world. It´s hard to describe.

But along with that there was also a glimpse of sadness and loneliness. And then also a hint of confusion. Probably because I was staring into his eyes for so long. Getting back into the world around me I stopped staring and smiled at him. He smiled back and I nearly lost my balance at that. That smile could light up the world and I know that sounds so cheesy but it´s a fact.

Gladly no one else noticed our little staring contest. So I slid into the bank next to Eoin just when another member of the group arrived.

„Hey, I´m Tom. You must be the mysterious girl Eoin was talking about“

„Yeah, that must be me. I´m Jenna. Nice to meet you!“ I laughed.

And surprisingly he just hugged me like we´d known each other for years and sat down beside me. We got into talking and he told me that he and the lads were actors of the TV show Merlin and I face palmed myself for not noticing earlier. Because Merlin was one of my favourite shows. But in real life they looked totally different.

„Better I hope?“ Tom asked teasingly.

„Yeah“ I laughed. I already started to get quite comfortable with the group. Colin and I glanced at each other every now and then. And when he smiled at me again this time I completely forgot about everything around me.

„So now the question everyone waited for...“ began Tom getting me out of my own world „are you two together?“

In the corner of my eye I saw Colin wince at that question and I wondered why.

„No, we´re not.“ Eoin said and if you´d look closely you could still see hurt in his eyes.

„Why not?“ asked Santiago.

„Well she likes her freedom so we decided to continue this without giving it a name.“ he explained.

„Isn´t that normally your excuse to get out of that whole relationship-thing?“ Tom asked laughing but at the same time seemed curious to know what was going on between us. „She must be pretty special then“

„Yeah“ Eoin muttered under his breath. But I heard and took his hand in mine gently squeezing it underneath the table. Now I felt even more guilty!

„So like a friends-with-benefits kind of thing?“ Santiago asked slightly amused.

„Kind of“ I answered a bit uncomfortable to discuss my love life with the whole group.

„Well... what would you guys think if we all go to my place now? It´s quite loud in here.“ Eoin said trying to distract the other from that topic. We all agreed, paid and drove there in separately cars.

Please let me know what you think! Would you choose Colin or Eoin???