Fuckin' Avocados

Harry shifts in his bed as he feels himself slowly waking up. The sun shines low in the sky, and Harry curses under his breath. Why does he always do this? 

"Fuck," Harry groans as he throws the blanket off his body. A wave of cold air chills him for a moment, but he adjusts quickly. Sighing, he slips a pair of shorts over his bare thighs and frowns as he slides out of bed. 

For a moment, Harry forgets the events of last night as he makes his way into the living room. Louis sleeps soundly on the couch in a mess of blankets and pillows strewn across the floor. Harry watches him for a moment, mesmerized almost by the sleeping boy. 

His shirt has been abandoned somewhere and the golden and pink hues of the sunrise hit his back as Louis sleeps soundly. His hair is in a messy halo around his head and a soft purr escapes him.  

Harry rubs his eyes before turning towards the kitchen. Right. A parmesan shaker sits on the island and sprinkles of cheese outline where they were sitting the night before. Two dirty pans sit on the stove and the sink is filled with dishes. 

Sighing, Harry walks over to assess the mess. Harry glances over his shoulder to the sleeping Louis, determined to stay silent in his attempt to do the dishes as to not wake him. It takes way too long for Harry to transfer the dishes to the washer he decides, but it's worth not having to do them after his morning class. 

Class. Harry curses under his breath as he glances at the time. He should have enough time to eat before then and study some. It's been, admittedly, a little long since Harry's looked at his chemistry notes. 

Harry walks over to the fridge and pulls out his Tupperware filled with mashed avocado. His usual breakfast is avocado and toast with a coffee, the perfect start to the day in Harry's opinion. Although on days where he doesn't have class he likes to get in a morning jog; that's out of the question for today he decides. 

He takes another look at Louis, wondering if he has any plans for the day. Surely his hotel will be ready sometime soon. It would be in bad taste for Harry to let Louis sleep in too late. He doesn't want Louis to miss anything after all. 

Harry decides, first, on making some breakfast for the two of them. It's the polite thing to do. That way, the meal from last night has no strings attached. Louis cooked for Harry and Harry is simply returning the favor. No more owing each other anything. 

Tiredly, Harry pulls open the drawer designated for K-Cups. Their Keurig coffee machine was Harry's best purchase. He thumbs over the different options, trying to decide what kind of coffee he'd like and what Louis might like as well. 

Green eyes spare Louis another glance before pulling out a dark roast. It's basic and timeless, Harry decides. If Louis doesn't like it, Niall won't say no to a cup of coffee. For himself, Harry finds himself gravitating towards the seasonal pods, this month for Starbucks 'Pumpkin Spice'. 

He starts the machine and loads up Louis' K-Cup as he grabs the bread for avocado toast. Niall gives Harry shit for it, but Trader Joe's pancake bread with mashed avocado beats anything else Harry's tried. He doesn't mind going out of his way to have the bread every morning. 

Harry slides the pieces of toast into their toaster as he prepares his own cup of coffee. He pulls out the sugar and cream, in case Louis wants some, as well. While he waits, Harry takes out two white ceramic plates and sets the table for breakfast. 

A smile spreads across Harry's lips as he looks at the table. Light green avocado sits on brown, crispy toast. The smell of warm, bitter coffee fills the air as the sun rises higher in the sky. The light hits the table in a picturesque way, Harry decides. He couldn't have done better if he tried. 

Harry steps over to Louis, who hums gently. A hand tentatively moves to Louis' back, gently trying to wake him up. When Louis doesn't stir, Harry tries again harder, this time resting his entire hand against Louis' bare shoulder. 

"Louis," Harry whispers quietly. Louis lets out a little huff as he turns towards Harry. A frown pulls itself across Louis' lips as his eyes slowly open. 

"Hmm," Louis groans. He pulls a blanket up around his shoulders and head as he opens his eyes more and more. The sight reminds Harry of a child not wanting to wake up for school. 

"It's morning," Harry sighs. He forces his eyes away. He can't allow himself to get attached to Louis. Hopefully, he'll be gone today anyway and this whole ordeal can be put behind them. 

"Yeah, I can tell," Louis replies back bitterly. Harry walks back to the island and clears his throat. 

"Well, I made breakfast. You're welcome to join me if you'd like," Harry coughs. He slides into his chair, trying to seem like he doesn't care if Louis joins him either way. Indifferent. 

Out of the corner of his eye, Harry sees Louis stretch and slowly stands. Harry focuses his attention on his toast and the bubbles forming on the edge of his coffee instead of Louis as he waddles over. 

Harry doesn't look up as Louis slides in front of him. "Sugar," Louis asks. Harry nods, not meeting his eyes as he stands to grab the sugar he got out earlier. When he turns back he sees the avocado piled on the far side of Louis' plate. 

"What're you doing," Harry questions as he finally allows himself to glance up at Louis' face. 

An apologetic look washes over Louis and his shoulders sag as he replies, "I'm thankful for the breakfast, Hazza, but I really hate fuckin' avocados." 

"My name's Harry and... it's fine," Harry says as he places the sugar container in front of Louis. "I actually have a lecture in about 15 minutes, so I should be going anyway," He lies. Harry's lecture isn't for another hour, but being with Louis is almost too much to handle. 

Louis looks disappointed for a minute at Harry's news but recovers quickly. "Alright, uh... have fun I guess." Harry nods, deciding he'll finish his coffee on the way to the library near his lecture hall. 

Anything so he doesn't have to be in this apartment with him. 

~_~_~

Hey guys. It's been a while, I'm sorry. I got some writer's block with this one. As much as I appreciate you guys commenting, please refrain, in the future, from commenting 'more' or 'update'. These updates take a little bit to write and those types of comments aren't exactly inspiring. I tend to write more when I see that people are actively into it and stuff and not just commenting 'more'. Sorry for the rant, just a thought. Thanks for reading though and I hope you enjoyed! ~B