22 - Short Circuit

Start from the beginning

"Deep breaths, just play the role and we'll be in and out," he reminded her while she nodded, but she couldn't push away the strange feeling that rested in her gut and made her a nervous wreck.

"In and out," she mumbled as the elevator dinged, the door opening to reveal a young man smiling at the two of them.

"Welcome, we've been expecting you! Mr. Olliver's already got everything ready for you, and his management team is already waiting for us," he said as he ushered them to their meeting room, opening the door before allowing the both of them to step in.

Charlie immediately recognized Mark as he stood up, holding his hand out for her to shake before introducing himself to Namjoon.

"These are my fellow associates, they'll be sitting in with us today just to make sure that both parties can come to a mutual agreement and sort out any negotiations you might have about the deal. Now," he started, pulling out a few files. "I've already drawn up a contract and provided an estimate for the offer we are willing to give you. Here," he said, handing the papers over to Charlie while providing a copy of the contract to Namjoon, who made sure to observe all the clauses intently, looking for any loopholes the deal might have.

Charlie pretended to look through the files as well, but had no clue what half the terminology meant. As she kept flipping through the pages, she glanced over at Namjoon as he pulled out a pen and started writing down a few notes, indicating certain conditions that he felt he could argue over in case he needed to stall for time.

Charlie's phone rang, and she knew this was the signal to excuse herself so she could get Taehyung into the building. She pulled out her phone and immediately stood up.

"I apologize, but please excuse me for just a moment." Mark looked over to her and nodded his head. She answered the call, still in the room to give the illusion that she would end it, however, she walked back over to Namjoon instead, whispering into his ear. The idea was that they were getting a call from another client and Charlie would need to take this call to resolve the issue.

"Again, Mr. Olliver, I sincerely apologize. I have been waiting for this call for weeks and need to take it. Namjoon, can you handle everything from here? I shouldn't be too long," she said. Both men gave her a small smile before she exited the room.

"Circuit, you ready?" she asked as she walked through the empty hall to his location.

"In position," she heard him say as she entered another conference room, walking to the window. There, Taehyung was waiting on the fire escape. She opened the window and helped him inside.

"Let's do this," Taehyung said. He stood up and straightened out his blue jumpsuit before grabbing his tool bag. His badge read BTS Maintenance Management and had a cute picture of him on it that made Charlie snicker when she saw it again.

The two walked back down the hall, Taehyung right behind Charlie as they reached the elevator. This honestly was probably one of the easiest missions Charlie had done, but she still felt nervous with Taehyung by her side. The elevator ride was silent as they waited to reach the next floor. There was always something about being in the field that made everyone so focused and quiet. As the doors finally opened, Charlie turned left, the picture of the hotel blueprints in her mind.

They finally reached the door that read Power Supply. Charlie turned the knob only to find that it was locked.

"Dammit," she muttered while Taehyung smiled at her.

"Here." He clipped off his badge and held it in front of the keypad right next to the door. There was a soft beep and Charlie turned the doorknob again, opening the door.