12 - History Repeats Itself

Reminder: This book talks about sensitive and mature content

Reminder: This book talks about sensitive and mature content. Please stop readings if you are easily triggered by unsettling topics or are underage. 

Taehyung had told Jungkook and Charlie that the Hellhounds were fostering siblings: a 9 year old boy named Tucker and a 13 year old girl, Alice. Charlie had to clasp her own hands together to steady the way they shook uncontrollably when the words left his mouth. Jungkook had noticed how tense she was and reached for her hands, intertwining one of his with hers as he tried his best to comfort her, just like how he had done for years now.

That night, they decided that they would follow the two siblings to and from school, trying to gauge their demeanor when they weren't in that house, looking for any familiar signs that would implicate the Hellhounds as unfit guardians. Thankfully, their schools were connected, so Jungkook and Charlie stuck together every afternoon. They started to post up outside the house late at night as well when they saw how dejected the two young children looked while at school. They also noticed the way that the young boy would cling to his sister every afternoon when they would return to that damn house, both of them nervously walking up the steps.

The energy in the Bangtan house had completely changed over the last week. Both Jungkook and Charlie were barely home since they spent most of their time monitoring the house. Knowing that the Hellhounds were fostering again, Jungkook and Charlie agreed that they weren't going to sit back. No, this time, they were going to take action and make sure that those kids had a hell of a better chance than they ever did.

Yoongi had allowed them to do their own thing for now, at least until he needed them, and they were thankful for that. He understood, maybe more than anyone else in the house, that their past would continue to haunt them until something was done about it.

He recalled when he first took over Bangtan years ago. A 21-year-old, running a gang? To many associates of Bantan, it was quite laughable: the scrawny kid who couldn't even take down his sparring opponent because it was his best friend was now someone they had to answer to? No. Even if he was the heir to the empire, that didn't mean shit, and his father's old underboss made sure to bring that up all the time. Initially, Yoongi let the comments slide and brushed it off, but when the old man tried to actually take out a hit on Yoongi, that's when he knew that he had to show everyone he wasn't that scrawny kid anymore. He was a force to be reckoned with, and he made sure everyone knew it by killing the man who was trying to take away what was rightfully his.

Yes, the past definitely had a way of biting you in the ass if you didn't handle things the right way, so it was better to handle the situation than to risk history repeating itself.

Charlie's cold and stoic attitude over the last week did not go unnoticed either by the rest of the guys. Even Taehyung couldn't get her to smile, something that made everyone else worry even more about the whole situation. Jimin had also asked Jungkook several times if they were doing ok, to which Jungkook always responded with: "We're fine." Everyone made sure to give them their space after that.