twenty seven

Natasha pep talked with herself to be nice, whilst faking a smile to her husband's friend, who was actually good or maybe it was pretence. But she didn't like her anyway. She made an excuse of preparing black coffee for the three of them and left the living room, leaving them both to talk.

Farhan grinned at Sasha as she took a look at their house, "it's cool." she smiled at him, who gestured for her to sit on the sofa.

"What brings you here?" he asked whilst sitting across her, she raised her brows in amusement, "I thought we were friends, Mr Sheikh?"

"I told you many times, call me Farhan. But really, I'm curious. What brings you to India?" he questioned her again with a playful smile.

"What else, another photoshoot. I need a break, big time." Sasha sighed in exasperation. He gives her a knowing nod. Modelling can be tiring at times, with you being cautious of how you look and what you wear every freaking day.

Farhan assumed Sasha managed it just fine that is until today, guess she is human after all.

"Your wife is pretty." she smiled in the direction of the kitchen and then looked at him with a sly smirk, "but I never thought you'd marry someone like her."

Farhan gave her an offended look, "what do you mean someone like her? She's the best wife anyone could ever ask for and I'm lucky to have her."

"I didn't mean it in the wrong way, sorry if you felt like that. What I meant was, she's too simple and I don't know. While you're an award-winning fashion designer. She could improve her dressing sense you know... to match with your level." Sasha blurted out casually with an innocent smile, earning a glare from Farhan.

Before he could tell her how wrong she was, Natasha interrupted them whilst clearing her throat as she placed the coffees on the table, "Farhan, I need to do some last-minute shopping for our trip, can I get your car keys?"

Sasha gave them a curious look, "you guys are going on a trip?" Farhan just grunted in yes, while Natasha ignored that woman like she never existed.

Farhan wondered if Natasha heard everything but she looked so calm and composed that he thought otherwise, forcing a smile on his face, he said, "sure. You know where it is." She nodded in yes and left from there without returning his smile.

Turning towards Sasha, he gave her a furious glare, "look, Sasha, I know you're a good friend and all, but whatever you said just now, it's totally uncalled for. You had no right to say those to my wife, I like her the way she is. Stay in your lane."

Sasha looked taken aback at that, she thought he was forced into this marriage and hated his wife or something. But it was the total opposite here.

"I'm sorry." she didn't sound like it at all, but he tolerated her for good manner's sake.

Natasha was gone for the rest of the afternoon and Farhan was left with no choice but to take Sasha out for lunch, she wanted to explore the city it seems. With every passing second, he felt miserable in her company. Why the hell did he befriend her anyway?

***

The warm and hot afternoon in the midday almost made Natasha regret wearing closed neck Kurti, she huffed angrily whilst placing all the snacks into the car backseat. She was about to get into the car but was interrupted by someone when she turned to look who it was; her already spoiled mood became much worse.

"What?" she snapped at the person angrily.

"Awe, Is this how you talk with your husband's future to be wife." Alisha grinned evilly, making Natasha clench her fist in fury.

"You must have lost your mind if you think you stand a chance with Farhan. Because honey, that's not happening." the smirk on Alisha's face only widened at that.

"And you think you have any chance with him or what?" laughing at Natasha's face, she continued, "did you ever look at yourself or the way you dress. He's a freaking fashion designer and all you wear is Kurti and shararas. You have no class or whatever."

Natasha wanted to snap at her that, the dress she's wearing is actually designed by Farhan. The girl didn't even know what types of dresses he designs and then she's going on about how she deserves him. Talk about stupidity.

"Imagine the horror, an award-winning fashion designer's wife has no fashion sense at all. He must be embarrassed to be seen with you in public. That's why his Instagram feed is still filled with his ex's pictures and you were barely ever there." Alisha had a victorious smirk on her face as she saw Natasha's face pale in gloominess.

"Farhan deserves better anyway. He deserves someone who'd match his standards of being a politician's son and a fashion designer. Someone like me or say, someone like that model; Sasha King." Alisha smiled wickedly.

"Where did Sasha come from?" Natasha was genuinely confused as to how this dummy knew about Sasha.

Alisha's evil smile grew wide, "oh. You didn't read the hot news, did you? They just made another headline which goes something like; Sasha reunited with her ex-boyfriend, Sasha King got back with her boyfriend, blah, blah..."

Natasha tried hard to control herself or she'd hit this vile woman.

"Get out of my way, Alisha. I don't have time for your nonsense." Natasha gritted her teeth angrily.

"The truth is always bitter, what can I do about that. Anyways. You didn't stand a chance with him right from the beginning. He only ever married you because his mother wanted him to, trust me; he will divorce you soon. The same mother will ask him to do that. Just wait and watch." Alisha threatened dangerously.

"Am I supposed to be scared or what?" Natasha rolled her eyes.

"Oh, trust me. You should be scared." "if he can marry you unwillingly for his mother's sake. He can also divorce you for the same mother's sake. Remember Imran uncle's warning? He'd divorce Ameera auntie if Farhan doesn't marry me."

"Whatever. Get out of my way, I'm busy." Natasha shrugged nonchalantly as she pushed her away and got into the car. She tried to act it was all cool and she wasn't bothered, but it was so not true.

For a few moments, she just sat in with her eyes closed and tried to get her emotions under control. But it looked like an impossible job.

Her insecurities took a sudden toll on her.

The words of Sasha and Alisha rang into her ears again and again. She did hear Sasha's words but didn't want to create a scene in front of Farhan.
As if that was not enough to spoil her day, this Alisha also came ahead and made it worse.

Their words of how she is so unfit to be Farhan's wife, of how she didn't deserve him at all... It made her heart sting. Any more minute, she was going to lose her mind. She banged on the steering wheel angrily and started driving the car.

Is she really that bad for Farhan? The question keeps running in her mind again and again. Her eyes brimmed with tears which she fought back. No, she wouldn't cry.

He can also divorce you for the same mother's sake. Alisha's words made her heart sink in sadness. Will he really divorce her?

Of course, he won't. Why would he? Or will he?

Shaking her head in disbelief, Natasha looked ahead at the road and tried hard to concentrate on the driving but her mind was not in a state to be controlled.

Suddenly her phone beeped with a notification, for the sake of a little distraction, she swiped open to see what it was whilst continuing to drive and that probably was not the right thing to do.

Her eyes go wide as she saw Farhan's new Instagram photo with Sasha, as they posed for a selfie.

"Farhan deserves better anyway. He deserves someone who'd match his standards of being a politician's son and a fashion designer. Someone like me or say, someone like that model; Sasha King." Alisha's words rang into her ears again.

Natasha couldn't help but compare herself with these two and realized they were so much better than her. Much more beautiful and perfect for him. Farhan did deserve better. And the thought of it made her freeze. Then the last thing she remembered was crashing into someone's car and the rest was blank.