Chapter IV - Fire at the Border

The night was incredibly silent. One could feel the harmony between body, soul and nature if one desired it so. Aldaír was seated on a rock of a hill. From there the view of the night sky and forest trees was beyond amazing and serene. After what he had experience that afternoon, with the mysterious beautiful woman, and the sadness that he had saw in Rowyna's eyes, he really needed to have some time for himself. He didn't believed in a world where no one could be happy. Of course, no one could be always that way, but humanity, and all that lived in that country, should be happy as possible along with all others. Why sadness? Why emptiness? Why fear? Aldaír couldn't understand hate. He couldn't understand how someone would find easier to hate than to love. There were so many wonders to love, like that beautiful spring night.

Making up his own mind, Aldaír decided that he needed to do something about Rowyna's sadness. He needed to talk to her. He couldn't possibly imagine the horrors she had been through but he wanted her to know that he was there for her. He wanted her to know that a new chapter in her live had started and that there was a chance for her to find happiness in her new family.

Suddenly, the sound of hooves made Aldaír look at his right. A majestic stag was coming from the woods. The animal walked forward as Aldaír looked at it, admired by his beautifulness. Then, as if he sensed it, the stag looked at Aldaír and bowed his head to the warrior, as if it was acknowledging his presence. Aldaír did the same. Then, the stag made a movement with his head, asking Aldaír to follow him. Aldaír though that couldn't be true, but the stag did it again. Intrigued, Aldaír got up but didn't walk. In the face of this resistance, the stag approached Aldaír and bit his coat to pulling him.

- Alright, alright! I got it!

Aldaír laugh, amused by the stag's behaviour, and then followed him. The animal took him to the top of the hill, full of massive rocks. From there, one could see the border and the forest of green leaves trees. As Aldaír reached the top, thunder echoed through the skies. He looked above and saw dark clouds gathering near the border. Then, he realized that they weren't clouds at all. It was a shadow which had green flames all over it. When Aldaír was wondering what that could be, the border ripped itself and something blue entered in the Land of Men. The shadow flew high above, crossing the border through high above where no one could reach. Then, it descend furiously following the person down. Aldaír didn't knew, but that person was Aislin. Without stopping she continued running through the forest.

Aldaír walked a little further, intrigued by what he was seeing. Something inside of him was saying for him to intervene, something like a call. But he was hesitating, for he didn't wanted to fight. He disliked the idea of brutal force to help, even though he knew, sometimes, that was necessary. And then, he saw what the blue thing was. It was what could make him want to intervene: someone in danger.

Aislin was running as fast as she could, but she was getting tired. She could feel her lungs begging for rest and heart desiring getting out of her body. And so, she stopped, feeling the shadow flying towards her in a brutal speed. At the last moment, reaching to a glade, Aislin faced the shadow and pointed her wand towards it. A golden spell burst against the shadow. At the beat, the spell made the shadow flew towards the sky. There, the shadow merged with the blue firmament, forming a dark storm with green thunder. On the ground, Aislin's spell continued to block the shadow, which kept coming towards her coming from the border. And as the shadow kept coming from there, more the spell that was saving Aislin's life forced it to flew high in the sky, increasing the storm.

At the hill, Aldaír was astonished by what he was seeing, yet, it was in that moment that he decided and as the lightings crossed the trees of the forest, Aldaír grabbed his sword and ran down the hill.

Aislin, concerned of what that storm in the sky could do, forced the shadow hit the ground. There was a small explosion and both the shadow and the spell disappeared. Still, the thunder increased. One of the lightings stroked a tree near Aislin and it made a fire start. But the fire seemed to have its own consciousness, or it was a spell, for it made a circle around the glade. Before she got trapped, Aislin blocked the fire with her wand. Yet, the fire continued furiously to close the circle. The thunder, seeing what Aislin had done, forced one more lighting to strike the sky towards her. As she was about to get killed, a shout made her look at her right. A man jumped from a rock nearby and, in the air, with his sword he stopped the lighting from strike her. Aislin gasped, realizing who the man in the air was: Aldaír. The sword deflected the lighting, which hit the storm at the sky. There was a bright green blast and the storm was gone. There was no more proof of the existence of the shadow, only the fire, which stopped moving. Thinking there was no more danger, Aislin broke the spell. Feeling free, the fire, furious with Aldaír's actions, ran towards him, wanting to burn him down. Aislin knew she couldn't let that happen, and so, she put herself in front of Aldaír and raised her wand. There was another flash of light and, then, the fire disappeared and Aislin collapsed on the ground. She saw Aldaír running towards her, wanting to help her. She could feel pain in her burn.

- You... - She tried to say, murmuring – Prophecy... You... you are... the saviour...

And then she closed her eyes.