Chapter XIV - The Thírthars' Arrival

The Island of the Light's port was settled on a bay of the white cliffs. The amazing construction of the port was made with the same stones as the cliffs and one could not see where the cliffs ended and the building started. Was as if it was natural. And so the only colour around was the green from the trees. Evellen was in the left side of the port, at a bridge that connected the high cliffs with the bay below. She was already in new garments: a white dress with a lot of veil lairs, long sleeves and a chest golden corset which matched her golden choker. The breeze made her long hair and sleeves flew in the air. And it was like this that Damall found her. She was looking at the beautiful golden sun above, between the cliffs, but she looked like one condemned soul. Damall stepped forward, getting closer to her. She looked at him but said nothing. It was not necessary. They knew what they were thinking and there was nothing they could do to change what was about to happen.

After all, they knew each other since they were born. Damall was the son of one of the most trusted personal knights of the riólair and so they were used to see each other at the palace frequently. They grew up together. He was a great support to her when her mother succumb to unhappiness by the lack of love that Hidrill showed her. Evellen and her sister, Beibhinn, tried to fight for their marriage, but Hidrill stayed focused on his work and royal duties. Their mother's aura became much dim just like her smile. And, through it all, Damall stayed by Evellen side while becoming a knight himself. Now, hundred years later, here they were, without knowing what to say to one another.

- I wish I knew what to say to you. – Damall said, calmly - I know you don't like this.

- You don't like it either, I suppose. – Evellen said, thoughtful - I feel so uncomfortable. I never wanted this. I just want...

- The good of the Kingdom. – Damall completed, nodding - I know.

Evellen looked at him, finally, and remembered about one person:

- Is he being good taken care of? Aldaír?

- Our cells are not like men's dungeons. I think he is alright. Rest your heart, princess. All will be alright.

- No, it's not. – Evellen said - Not if we keep on going with this. You are one of the most trusted knights of the realm and I am the princess, daughter of the riólair. We're supposed to do something to end this darkness that has landed in our land.

- I know this way it's not what you wished for, but maybe your father is right. Maybe this is the way.

- A child is not going to destroy our enemy, Damall. If you think I will let my son to hold a sword before he can talk, you're mistaken. It will take years before he can fight. And all can perish in those years. Am I the only one who sees that?

- But the prophecy...

- There are two. Probably, they are both right and my son will help to defeat the enemy in the future. But now, we don't need an infant. We need a warrior to save us all.

Damall didn't liked her faith on Aldaír. It angry him realising Evellen needed Aldaír more than him. But Damall said nothing. He swallowed his pride and pretended to smile.

The sound of horns announced the arrival of the Thírthars, the noblest family of Dark Elves. Their ship was passing through the cliffs, entering in the bay. Seeing their walnut ship with a blue flag and a white tree as their coat of arms, Evellen sighed, knowing she wasn't going to have much time until fulfil her condemned destiny. And so, she and Damall went down to the sidewalk of the port, passing through the high tower of the beacon. Climbing down the stairs with statues in the handrail, in a few minutes they reached the disembark side of the port, where her family and members of the court were awaiting the arrival. There was a round construction nearby, in the case of rain, and Evellen got inside, covering herself in the shadows of the delicate construction. Yet, her father called her and she had to come forward, next to her mother and sister. The big ship didn't took too long to dock.