"Why you crying Cam?" Mason asked wipping the tears away with his thumb. But Cameron was too scared to answer she just hugged on tighter enjoying the comfort. She felt safe in his arms.

"Are you scared of the dark?" Mason asked.

And Cameron nodded her head into his neck. Mason sighed.

"This is your first time sleeping on your own isn't it?" Mason asked again which she nodded. He let out another sigh he felt bad that they had left his their sister alone.

"Come on I'll bring you back but I promise I will stay until you fall fast asleep." Mason said.

"Pwomise?" Cameron looked at Mason with her big doe eyes.

"Promise"

They headed back to her room Mason tucked her in. But Cameron never let go of his hand. Holding onto him tightly afriad he would disappear into the darkness.

Even though the room was dark. Cameron could still see his silhouette beside her. Her eyes never leaving him. Mason could feel her stare and knew she wouldn't be going to bed anytime soon. So it was probably best to talk to her.

"You know tomorrow I have a day off. So I'm going to pick you up and me and you are going to spend some time together." Mason could tell she was listening to him as he spoke but didn't say anything.

"We can go to a small cafe and get a treat. Maybe some hot chocolate since it will be cold. We could come home and bake some gingerbread men for Christmas?"

Camerons grip on his hand loosed a bit and he could hear the soft snores coming from Cameron.

He stayed for another ten minutes just to make sure she was really asleep. Once he was satisfied enough he went back downstairs.

Owen was sitting on the couch with some popcorn in his hand watching the match.

"What took you so long? Did you get the charger?" Owen asked looking back at Mason.

"Cameron came out crying she is afraid of the dark so I stayed with her till she fell back asleep it was her first time falling asleep on her own." Mason said making his way over to the couch sitting down to watch the match.

"I should've known. I should've stayed longer and made sure she was fast asleep before leaving." Owen said running his hands through his hair.

"Owen its okay. Were still new to taking care of a five year old how are we suppost to know?" Mason tried to ressure his brother but Owen has been off since he received a phone call after dinner.

Owen let out a sigh and his shoulders slumped. His gaze went back to the TV.

"Are you okay? You've been actting weird?" Mason eyed Owen to see if he was lying.

"I'm fine this match is just stressful"

And theirs your lie.

Next Day,
Home time at Daycare..

Cameron was so excited to spend time with Mason. Since he was busy lately because of exams. This was one of the rare days lately that he has had free and wanted to spend it with Cameron.