Chapter 48

Last night Cameron went to sleep peacefully with a slightly damp Ellie. Owen had tried to convince Cameron to leave the teddy downstairs for it to dry but Cameron refused to go to bed without her. So Owen wrapped the towel around the teddy telling her it was just a blanket. Which Cameron seemed pleased about.

But there was something different about Ellie that Cameron couldn't put her little finger on. Something that made her heart clench and not feel as safe as she use to feel with Ellie.

A thing Cameron does in her sleep that she doesn't notice, is she likes to sniff Ellie. But the resurrance of her old smell had been changed with the overbearing smell of detergent.

At first Cameron brushed it off. Until in the middle of the night she woke up from a nightmare. Bringing her nose over to smell the comforting scent of Ellie, only to scrunch it up in disgust when her nose smelt the overbearing detergent. Panic only rose in her chest when there was nothing to comfort her. The demons from her nightmare not making the situation any better.

Tears spilled from her eyes and down her cheeks. Cameron slid out of bed making sure to bring Ellie with her. Little sobs came from Cameron's mouth as she moved her way through the dark nearly tripping over her duvet that had fell off her bed. Her hands were spreaded out infront of her as she made her way through the dark room.

Making her way into Owen's room since he was the closest and she wasn't speaking to Mason so right now so he was off the table. Her hand fiddled with the door handle trying to open it as quick as she could, Standing on her tippy toes trying to reach it.

When the door opened, Cameron immediately ran up to Owen's bed. Owen laid on his side, his back facing the door. Cameron got a good run and jump onto the bed making it slightly shake but all she wanted right now was the comfort of her bed. Seeing his sleeping figure, she crawled over to Owen. Straddling his side and wrapping her hands his neck as her head tucked into his neck. The comforting smell of her brother reached her scenes instantly making her heat beat slow down.

Owen took a deep breath before opening his eyes. Something had woken him up and it was lying on him. It was until he could feel a wetness on his neck and the sound of little sniffles. He instantly knew it was Cameron. He reached over the arm that she was lying on to wrap around her small body.

Cameron lifted her head feeling something pull at her waist. Owen turned his head now that she had removed it from his neck.

"Bad dream?" Owen whispered. Cameron nodded even though Owen couldn't see her in the dark. He sighed.

As he adjusted to lay down on his back using his free arm to pull Cameron off his side and into his chest. Pushing her head into his chest as his hand raked through her hair.

Ellie was squished inbetween Owen and Cameron. Cameron had tried to cling onto Owen but he wasn't wearing a top so there was nothing to cling onto.

"Its okay Cameron your safe." Owen whispered as he still felt Cameron crying.

After about ten minutes they finally turned into sniffles. Owen looked down at his little sister. "What's wrong?" He felt that it wasn't just the bad dream that was upsetting her because usually Ellie would calm her down which didn't seem to be the case here.

Cameron shrugged. Then an idea came to her. Pushing her body slightly away from Owen's so that her hands could move more freely. Rubbing Ellie on Owen's chest. Owen scrunched up his eyebrows in confusion as he felt something soft rub against his chest.

Reaching an arm over Cameron and to his bedside table to turn on the lamp. Once light lit up the dark room, he and Cameron both squinted their eyes to adjust to the light. He leaned back down to see Cameron who had her tongue stick out as she rubbed Ellies body up and down Owen's chest.