Random Rant #2

Random Rant, Part 2!!

This is only a short filler, because I'm kinda busy with Ch. 10. This rant is about dumb cliches and ridiculous ideas. This should be fun.

You want to know a cliche I hate? Bringing a dead character back to life. Do you realize how terrible that is? What's even worse is when they die several times and come back to life each and every time. Or how about when the methods used are ridiculous? Like... I don't know, their dead mother singing a song about unicorns... or a kiss... or true sorrow... or a kidnapping... or true love... or hope... or just because the author feels like it... pff. I totally don't know anyone who's done all of these in their books...

Ahem...

Another cliche? Seriously overpowering your character. I mean, making them completely well-rounded in all skills. They have magic, can shoot with amazing accuracy, immortal, and then giving them a superpower later, like, oh I don't know, the ability to fly? Yeah, how ridiculous would it be if someone just gave an already OP character wings? Yeah, and dark black wings that speak of death to boot! Wow, that's not God-modding at all.

A serious cliche, a nin Iluvatar, when love appears out of nowhere. It's almost like someone saves someone once, on a flying horse or something, then from a freaky monster, then suddenly loves the other person in secret. I hate that cliche, so much... yeah. Wow, and then singing a song about the tears? How about the whole falling out of love thing because of a few words, claiming that they only saved the other person's life because they saved theirs? It's not like they ever did.

Besides that, why would someone who hated another person save their life for no reason? It's ridiculous! It doesn't make sense for two people who despise each other to sacrifice themselves. It's not fair to just kill off everybody that doesn't matter in the first chapter, either. Both that and turning back time with the Mary-Sue OP magic because the author thinks they made a mistake but didn't think it through. That, and the fact that the supposed "gory" scenes turn out to be not-very-gory.

How about the whole sacrifice-for-love-then-talks-in-dreams thing? Or the bursting into song? Especially if it's a song from modern times or something...

You know what I especially hate? Crossovers. No, not crossovers in general. Just ones that should NEVER fit together. Some are creative, others are ridiculous. For example, who would combine a 1986 movie with a fantasy story about dragons? Wow, nobody sane would EVER combine Labyrinth with Lord of the Rings, right? Or still use characters from another series while it's still in the mixed-up world?

Pff, who'd ever do anything like that in a book? They're totally ridiculous, right? ... I definitely didn't do any of these, and didn't completely aim them at myself... In no way, shape, or form did I just tally up half the sins in my own older stories... ahem.

Uh... @URVELNIEL !! I blame you! I DEFINITELY BLAME YOU, TOTALLY!! IT'S DEFINITELY YOUR FAULT!! *Legolas* Really? *me* @w@ *Legolas* Don't listen to her, Urvelniel. I don't know what to do with you, Makenna. *me* ;-; *Legolas* Stop using those weird emoticons. *me* Those aren't emoticons. YOU WANT EMOTICONS?!? *Legolas* Oh, God. *me* 🙀😏😈👮🌊🎅📞👹🌚🐉🎨🗿⚪💯💠👹🌚👶🐄🐸🐮🐺🐺🐮🐑🐮🐺🐨🐘🐝🐍🐍🐥🐕🐲🐖🐃🍂🍄🌸🍄🌝🌜🌗🌖🌏 *Legolas* -_-" *me* HAHA!! NOW YOU'RE DOING IT!!