Extra

This is not canon. This is a side story, kind of like a fanfiction of a fanfiction. I did write it, but it's not counted as official backstory. Not canon, but it's OOC for Anodien. 

Ellrenia belongs to mcgreeds. Minaethiel, though only mentioned, belongs to Child_of_Hope. Linuviel is a filler character, you may recognize her from Son of Sauron (which has been cast aside,  I'm sorry baby) as Anodien's baby sister. 

Background info:

Linuviel is a Faeling (half-Fae, half-Elf). She is the half-sister of Anodien and Minaethiel on their mother's side and is the result of a marriage a year before Atar that failed after the death of the husband. Linuviel is not well-loved by Atar Sunborn, but she was a great influence on Anodien growing up, and helped Anodien take care of Minaethiel for a few years before she disappeared altogether. She has dark maroon hair (a result of her Fae father Pluta) and gray-blue eyes from her mother. She is self-serving and usually doesn't do something unless it benefits her. Anodien looked up to her and always wanted to be just like her big sister. When Linuviel disappeared,  Anodien began to idolize Linuviel, forgetting all of the wrong and remembering all of the good. Linuviel was on a pedestal, and all Anodien wanted was to be just like her big sister. 

Ellrenia is a light black-haired Elleth with calm blue eyes, her hair close-cut and only about chin length. She became a dear friend to Anodien after she came to the Undying Lands after the War of the Ring with Elrond. She was a Rivendell Elf, but was given permission to stay with Atar's clan of Elves. Ellrenia makes sure to stay with Anodien any chance she has (mostly because Anodien can order any delicacy at any time [;)] ) and is a constant comfort in Anodien's life. Anodien is more open with Ellrenia than most.

---------------------------

Ellrenia held her friend's shoulder companionably, and Anodien smiled at her. When she turned her attention back to the halls of the place she'd grown up, her heart nearly stopped beating. 

"Linuviel?" Anodien murmured, shocked that her half-sister would appear now. Atar had nearly banned her from coming to Faellond, but that apparently did not mean she would stay away. Anodien ran forward, hugging her older sister tightly. Linuviel patted Anodien's head.

"Where's Minaethiel?" the Elleth asked, her dark maroon hair shining. Linuviel was half-Fae herself, while Anodien was only one-fourth. Linuviel's eyes glinted a sharp gray-blue, reminiscent of their mother. Anodien ignored the sharp jab at her heart.

"She is visiting a friend," Anodien lied. In truth, she did not know where Minaethiel was-- just that she wasn't in Faellond. 

"Peh," she snorted. "Can you not keep an eye on your own sister?" Anodien winced at Linuviel's harsh words. "By the Nine Moons, you'd think that a few thousand years of losing us would teach you to keep those you love close."

"Please, let's not fight," Anodien pleaded. A smile curved onto her face, but Ellrenia could tell that it was very forced. "How about we catch up? I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell. How have you been?"

"I have been great," Linuviel responded, beginning to walk. Anodien and Ellrenia followed. "My time has been spent in Galgrond." Galgrond was the land of the Fae. "I found a suitor, by the name of Telyer."

"Is he kind?"

"He is wrapped around my little finger," Linuviel mumbled, lifting up a soft hand. Ellrenia shot a worried look to her friend. Anodien cleared her throat.

"I too have found another Elf to love," she admitted, a blush spreading on her cheeks. "He is a prince of the Eastern Moors in the Lands." Linuviel did not seem impressed.

"So , you choose to dishonor Talagan's memory by taking another mate?" Anodien turned her head.

"Is everything okay?" she queried worriedly.

"Everything is... just peachy," Linuviel muttered. Anodien didn't believe her. 

"Tell me what's wrong," she insisted.

"Nothing."

"Please?"

"Don't keep asking me, Anodien."

"You can trust me."

"Stop asking!"

"I'm just trying to help!"

"Well, stop it! This is none of your business!"

"You're my sister, that makes it my business!"

"No, it doesn't! If I could get rid of you, I would! If I'd been the princess, everything would have been better! But I'm stuck with a royal pain as a sister, one I wish had never been born!"

"That's how it is?" the younger Elleth murmured, turning around. She closed her sharp green eyes, tears spilling out the edge. Ellrenia immediately embraced her friend. "Is all I am a bother to you?"

"You're certainly no help," Linuviel snorted. Anodien tried her best to keep choking sobs away, but the sorrow was gripping her heart tighter and tighter.

"I thought you loved me," Anodien murmured, clutching her ring tightly. "I thought you came back for me."

"Came back?" Linuviel sneered. "I came back because of Minaethiel-- shame she's not here. You? Never. I'd have rid myself of you if I could have. But you hung on me like a slug on a leaf. You refused to let me go. I'm plenty mature and wise, what are you, Anodien? Are you just some poor little girl starving for love? Because that's pathetic," Linuviel smirked. 

Anodien buried her head into Ellrenia's shoulder. Linuviel didn't seem quite done, and in fact appeared to be enjoying the jabs she sent her sister's way. Anodien briefly wondered where Minaethiel was, and if she would help her or take their half-sister's side. Ellrenia comforted Anodien the second she'd sensed the tears. The short-haired She-Elf was a close friend, and never failed to help Anodien.

But it remained to be seen if the Elleth could help her here.

"Your mind is so addled you might as well be brain-dead," Linuviel crowed, and Anodien bit her lip strongly to keep the tears from flowing out. She failed miserably, and gasps escaped from her mouth. "Are you crying?"

"Stop this," Ellrenia hissed, cradling her friend's head closer.

"This is not your concern," the oldest She-Elf snarled, fixing Ellrenia with a hateful glare. "She is foolish and deformed, ugly and scarred. Anodien plays up your emotions, she wants attention. She cannot pick and choose what to be offended over." Anodien turned around, fire in her tear-glistening eyes.

"Linuviel," Anodien growled, wiping the tears away. "You call me weak. You tell me I cannot choose what to call offense. You try to hurt me-- what happened to you?" She straightened up and stared at the Elf woman who had once been her caretaker and friend. "You know what I can do." Linuviel raised an eyebrow and glared at her half-sister.

"Enlighten me," she grunted, leaning in closer. Anodien gripped Linuviel's arm tightly, heat traveling to her palms. Linuviel yelped and tried to flee, to no avail. Anodien wasn't having it.

"I can put you down like the dog you are." She raised her voice. "Guards!" Immediately, a patrol of Fae guards ran in, led by an Elven male. He put his hand to his forehead.

"Aye, princess?"

"Take Linuviel to the dungeons," she commanded, staring at the once-beloved sister of hers, "and let her rot. I will decide her fate later today."