Chapter 11 - MAE DAY

Start from the beginning

The interview went well. I had the feeling the officers were on my side. They mentioned there was video footage and that I had cut my hand etc. My solicitor noted they had footage of the attack on Suri and I was reacting on instinct to protect my child who was viciously attacked, but he also noted that Stephanie was trying to take Suri out of the party. What the hell?

Suri was resisting and that had resulted in her having injuries to her arm, neck and shoulder, not forgetting the facial injuries so my lawyer started to spit out words like 'kidnapping', 'Assault' and then the police officer said something that felt like a kick to my chest.

"The biological father of the child is not going to press charges."

"WHAT?" I asked stunned.

"Lee Grayson the father of the child, he is marrying the woman in two days time..."

"WHAT?" I asked again and tried to take some steadying breaths.

"The charges against..."

"Just wait a minute, everyone just shut up a minute," I growled.

They all sat and stared at me, some with mouths gapping open, as I tried to string together a coherent sentence in my head.

"This conversation is being recorded, right?" I asked looking at the machine on the desk.

"Yes," the officer replied.

"Lee Grayson, I am talking directly to you," I said to the tape slowly and clearly. "You are not the father of Suri, you have no say in what happens in her life, you signed that away. Is that correct?" I asked my solicitor.

"Yes," he replied.

"My, I will repeat that for the sake of the tape, 'MY' daughter Suri Grayson has been victimised by your fiancée Stephanie... whatever her last name is... to the point where you, a single father had to 'give up' your daughter. 'Cut her off' from you and the rest of your family, all for the sake of Stephanie wanting you to be married without any baggage from your last marriage. Suri was born into this world without a mother and you told her that all little girls need a mummy and she was to come with me because Stephanie was using veiled threats against her. Suri herself has told me things Stephanie has said to her including threatening to throw her in a ditch. I had known your daughter only a few hours when you signed away all rights to her. I am her only parent. I am her mother, she is my baby and I will not stand by and watch you try to brush this under the carpet to appease your bride. She has threatened the child over and over, been torn from her fathers arms, packed up and signed over to me like an parcel at a post office. She is a baby, she needs loving, a stable environment and after everything that has happened lately I had hoped she would get her father back. I was wrong. I will now go back and tell her battered and bruised face that you are never coming home. I would like to offer you congratulations on your marriage but instead I will offer you my sympathies and don't you dare think of me on your wedding night. If you choose to marry the bitch you will have to screw her without me as a visual aid. You are an absolute bastard Lee Grayson for what you have done to this child and if you ever show your face at my door again I will call the police. I want a restraining order taken out against both of them immediately. In fact include all members of their family, and to ensure that my daughter is able to live a life without having to look over her shoulder for the wicked step mother we will be moving out of the country."

They all sat stunned.

"If this interview is finished I have babies to feed, a daughters heart to break, passports to apply for and bags to pack," I said tears filing my eyes as I mentally made plans.

"Erm...Er... yeah sorry. Interview terminated at..."

I ignored the rest of the formalities and stood. As we left the room Lee was stood just down the corridor.