A day in Inarizaki || Secret pair AU!

Soulmate AU

Warnings: Kita's extreme politeness 🥵
And some slow, veery slow burn
! Left handed reader !

This is a new thing that I wanted to try out. Instead of
the reader in focus, they just get into the story later on.

This is basically a drabble of one of my favourite teams.
Yuh, call it crazy or something

——————

It's the biggest talk of our school. Everything changes once we become 16.

The first thing I noticed was when my friend Akagi got several tattoos on his arm. When I asked him about it he told me that it was his soulmate, his soulmate who drew on themselves.

He's 3 months older than me so I didn't understand, I barely questioned it.

That's why once I became 16 I began to scream; several letters were written across my arms and I panicked a bit. My first thought about it was that maybe I fell asleep and someone pulled a prank on me?

But when other people, well rather everyone, in my year had their skin hidden to cover the marks I figured something is happening.

It doesn't hurt once the letters pop up, but it's kind of uncomfortable.

Somewhere in the world is someone sitting, taking their time to write on their skin.

I wonder if they're my age. What if they're 38 years old and have waited for me to become 16 so that I'll see their messages?

Last week, we had a big scandal in school. A student got reported for blackface; she was crying and blamed it all on her soulmate but the teachers said she could've covered it up with makeup.

Yikes.

Well, as we've all realised, the soulmate seek-and-find isn't that charming as it may seem. During sports events we must cover our arms if something offensive is written, I heard that some have even lost their positions on their teams because of the texts.

They're so unlucky. What dickhead thinks 'Oh, the person my future holds. Why not ruin their high school experience?'

I've had the luck to not endure anything special, every so now and then some dates or important notes have appeared but never a message directed at me.

I tried it, once. It was horrible.

First off, I had no idea when it would appear on them.

Second off, what would I say?

Apparently, we can't give out any personal information such as our real names or locations. That's kind of hypocritical, why would we have this soulmate system if they're making it harder to find each other?

I sent them- wait, I wrote them? I wrote them a message.

It was just a simple Hi.

I never got a response.

Are we the same age?