Chp. 73 *BONUS CHAPTER*

Start from the beginning

She shook her head, laughing, "No, of course not!"

I leaned back in my chair and smiled, "Better not be, considering you're gonna be thirty in December."

Not that I thought thirty was old but she honestly didn't look that old at all, and she had barely changed since I had met her when she had been in her early twenties. Now I was in my mid-twenties and she was turning thirty in December, which seemed so surreal to me knowing we had been together for so long.

And everything still felt brand new with her.

Then suddenly I remembered the conversation I had with my brother this morning and spoke, "I forgot to tell you, Shawn's gonna be flying in from Florida this weekend with Casey and Ben."

Considering the fact that Blair had insisted I be the god-mother of her first child she had demanded Shawn to pick someone else as his. Shawn and Blair had argued about it for months while Casey was pregnant and ultimately decided to let Casey's older brother be the god-father and for Megan to be the god-mother of Ben.

Shawn put up a hell of a fight though, but there was no competing when it came to my best friend. Blair had won the argument and now I was going to be a god-mother of her baby in a few months.

Megan sighed, "I can't wait to see Ben. I still can't get over how much he looks like Shawn."

She was right, not only did Ben have the blonde hair and the blue eyes but we compared Ben to Shawn's old baby pictures and realized he also had Shawn's ears and nose. He was nearly a replica of my older brother, and now that he was almost one year old the personality was coming out.

And Shawn had told me Ben was "just like me", which meant he was obviously a handful.

I held Megan's hand, studying the ring that was on her left hand that I had given her recently this year for our anniversary. It was more of a promise ring than anything, and I knew I wanted to propose but I wouldn't do so until same-sex marriage was legal in Missouri.

Which unfortunately didn't look like it would be anytime soon.

I wanted her forever, and I knew her views on marriage and what she wanted, and that's all I wanted to do. I wanted to give her what she wanted, and she had wanted a ring, she had wanted something to show everyone that she wasn't available anymore...

She wanted to show people that she was mine.

I also had a ring that Megan had given me, which had actually been a surprise since she hadn't sized my finger. We had discussed getting her a ring but not one for myself, and when she had presented mine at dinner the night of our anniversary... well I had been quite surprised.

After five years of being together it finally felt real, the whole "I'm yours and you're mine" deal. There had never been any doubt in my mind since I was nineteen that I wanted Megan forever and no one else, but the rings made it real for us.

If only they would make it legal here so I could finally give Megan the wedding she deserved, but we had to wait.

"Have you talked to your parents recently?"

I nodded, "Mom and dad called me this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday. I'm gonna go and see them in a few weeks once the summer finally dies down."

Thinking about my parents no longer brought pain and suffering, but instead brought a lot of joy and happiness. Back after I graduated high-school I had agreed to have dinner and we had talked for hours and hours, and not long after that I had introduced them to Megan.