Chp. 26

After the talk with Megan I had felt a little better about approaching Emma, simply because I knew Megan would help me, secretly. I hated the feeling of having Emma upset with me, and I was determined to fix it because Emma was too awesome to lose.

But I had to wait till she was alone.

I watched her pack up her things as she spoke with her friends, taking her sweet time because she apparently knew I wanted to talk to her. I didn’t understand the cold shoulder she was giving me, but I was getting to the bottom of it right now.

Then finally she walked out of the dugout, and I followed behind her quickly as we made it to the parking lot.

I called, “Hey sexy.”

She didn’t even bother to turn around as she continued walking, “Hi.”

I growled, “Emma.”

She made it to her car and started opening her driver’s door, but I slammed it shut with my hand. She wasn’t leaving me like this, and in all honesty I had kind of missed her.

She stopped what she was doing and looked up at me, “Yes?”

I leaned on her car, smiling because I knew she couldn’t resist that even if she tried. I touched her hip, “What are you doing tonight?”

She took a deep breath as I laid my hand on her, and she shrugged, trying not to give into me, “Um, well since it’s a big Monday night I was going home to do homework and watch Netflix.”

I smirked, “Boring. I was hoping you would want to hang out with me.”

“Nah, I’d rather watch Netflix.”

I pouted, realizing she wasn’t being sarcastic. I took a deep breath, attempting to force the bad thoughts away, “Emma… what did I do?”

She seemed to have trouble conjuring up an answer, but she responded anyway, “Sam, I know we agreed on the whole friends with benefits, no emotions but… I just wanna be mad at you.”

I smiled, knowing she was upset at the fact that she was starting to like me and she thought it wasn’t the same for me. I responded, “Are you trying to admit something to me, Emma?”

She could tell I was milking the fact that she liked me as she squinted her eyes and tried to play hard-ass. She shook her head, “No, I’m not trying to admit anything.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.”

I touched her arm, running my hand smoothly over her skin, “Let me take you to dinner.”

She seemed to tense up, as if she hadn’t expected me to say that in a million years. Hell, I didn’t even expect myself to say that to a girl, much less someone like Emma.