Chp. 56

~ ~ ~ ~SAM’S POV~ ~ ~ ~

I watched Megan get up from the bed, looking shaken as she threw on a T shirt and proceeded out of the room to meet the police. I could feel my heart racing in my chest as well, and I knew Megan had to be shitting herself right about now.

Why were the police here anyway? Was it possible that they knew…?

No that couldn’t be it, no one knew about what Megan and I were up to, unless someone had been following us… which was actually pretty possible. The possibility scared me but I tried not to think along those lines as I began listening to her face the police officer.

She spoke, “Yes?”

“You live here ma’am?”

I listened quietly, hearing the nervousness in Megan’s voice for a split second, “Yes.”

“We were just going door to door asking the residence if they knew of anything suspicious going on in the neighborhood. A few people have complained of burglary in the subdivision next to your apartment complex.”

I felt the relief in my heart as I heard the officer explain himself, thanking the Lord above it hadn’t been what I assumed initially. Megan’s quiet voice responded, “No, I haven’t experienced anything suspicious around here.”

I heard the officer respond quickly, “Well, if anything out of the ordinary happens let us know.”

“Sure thing.”

Then the door closed and locked once more, and Megan came around the corner and back into her room. I hadn’t realized until now but I was still stripped down to my underwear, and for some reason I felt no shame anymore.

Because Megan’s eyes were still taking me in hungrily, but the mood had seriously passed when the cops decided to show up.

I made a light joke, “How scared were you just now?”

She shook her head, “I was freaking the fuck out.”

I laughed quietly, realizing everything had become pretty serious whenever they had interrupted us. It had really put a perspective on the possibility of the consequences Megan and I would have to face if we were caught.

“I’m guessing you’ve decided to stay the night?”

I shrugged, hoping she would invite me instead, “Would you rather me leave?”

I watched her eyes take in my half-naked body and shrugged, “Sleeping alone sucks, so yea.”

I rolled my eyes, “That’s the only reason?”