Chp. 38

***SAM’S POV***

I woke up feeling weird, and I knew it could be for multiple reasons. As I stared at my ceiling fan I remembered everything that had happened last night, from us arguing about my mental problems to me crying, and then to me kissing Megan. We had talked about so many things last night, and for the first time I had actually cried in front of Megan, which was obviously embarrassing for me.

But thinking back on it I knew Megan hadn’t judged me, she had actually seemed a bit happy.

I sat up in my bed, feeling the sleep fall off of me as I glanced at my clock. I had slept pretty late, which meant that Megan and I had stayed up pretty last night.

But I was still so confused about everything.

All the things she had said and showed to me, I definitely would need a lot of time to think about them. Megan knew a lot more than I used to give her credit for, but now after having that talk with her last night… maybe giving what she had said a second thought would be helpful.

I smelt fresh coffee brewing in the kitchen, knowing Megan was already up and possibly waiting for me to join her. I remembered kissing her last night before we had gone to bed, and the reason as to why I had done that was still a bit fuzzy.

Why had I kissed her?

I wasn’t drunk, although I had been a bit buzzed I was still very in control of myself, so that wasn’t it. It obviously wasn’t because we had been in a heated argument, or in a very close embrace, so the mood hadn’t been set for a kiss either.

But in that moment before she disappeared into Shawn’s room I wanted her to go to bed thinking about me, so maybe that’s where the kiss had come from.

I lifted myself from my bed then, walking slowly over to my bathroom and hopping into the shower. I washed quickly, not wanting to keep Megan waiting too long, besides, I wouldn’t be able to see her tonight before Shawn got home.

It was my first night on the job.

As much as I wanted Megan to show up tonight I knew she wouldn’t, simply because it would be a little weird. I didn’t blame her for not wanting to show up, but it did depress me a little.

Seeing her face there would mean a lot, and realizing that only confused me even more.

I hopped out the shower and dried, throwing on a pair of soffee shorts and a T-shirt, realizing I had nothing to do until later anyway.

Then I felt my phone buzz.

I expected it to be Blair or Shawn, but definitely not Emma.

Emma texted, What are you doin’ tonight?