Chp. 12

I rolled up into the school parking lot at exactly 3:15, wondering if I should start walking to Megan’s classroom. School was minutes from ending, which meant a lot of kids would be exiting the building and I wasn’t exactly dressed appropriately. I was wearing shorts that came a little too short for regulation, and an old T shirt that was faded from the years of wear and tear.

Then again, who gave a fuck what I was wearing? I wasn’t even in school anymore.

I hopped out of my car and propped my glove in between my arm and hip, locking my car quickly as I began walking towards school. I was a bit nervous, because I wasn’t sure what would be expected of me. I wasn’t exactly a coach, I mean shit, Megan wasn’t even the coach, she was an assistant.

So what was I? The equipment bitch?

I made it to the main walkway as I started on the familiar route to Megan’s classroom, knowing the bell would be ringing anytime now. I was trying to take my time so I wouldn’t get there too early, but I didn’t want to be late.

Then to my luck, the bell rang.

Students poured out of the classrooms and began towards the parking lot, eager to get home. I envied them because here I was, coming back to school for after school detention. Because that’s what I considered this. Detention.

I didn’t want to be here, I was here because I had gotten in trouble, and I had no reward for doing this. Therefore, this was in fact detention, no matter what Megan tried to label it as.

I felt everyone’s eyes on me as they took in my figure, probably wondering why I was dressed like I was about to go workout rather than leave school. The guys studied me and whistled as they passed, mostly underclassmen considering most of the upperclassmen knew I was a lesbian.

I rolled my eyes in disgust.

Then suddenly I felt a slap on my ass and I turned, seeing a guy giggling like a fucktard with one of his friends. This got under my skin, and suddenly I couldn’t control my anger anymore. Who the fuck did he think he was? To slap me on my ass and think he wouldn’t have to endure any consequences?

I charged up to him, taking his booksack in both of my hands and shoving him as hard as I could off of the walkway. I watched in amusement as he stumbled off of the paved path and into the grass, landing in a puddle of water that was left from today’s shower.

He looked up at me, “What the fuck?”

I shrugged, “Maybe next time have some respect, ass-wipe.”

I heard laughter erupt behind me as I left the scene, walking quickly into the doors of the school and towards Megan’s classroom. I was still pretty hot tempered from what had just happened but I knew I needed to keep my cool and calm down.

Hopefully Megan wouldn’t say anything to light my fire again.

I made it to her door, but not before hearing a comment come my way, “Looking good Sam!”

I knew the guy from one of my other classes and I smirked, flicking him off, “Fuck off, Myron.”