Nashi~ I met someone new today- Part 1

"Let me go on an adventure with you." No matter how many times I pondered that very request, the answer stood the same, unchanging. 

"Maybe next time (Y/N)..." My lips pursued together, forming a frown, when would be the next time I could lock eyes with them. A sharp pain shot through my chest as the shadow cast upon my face dispersed. But all is well, I'm used to this treatment at this point.

It would've been irresponsible of me to go with them, and I understand that. The tasks stacked upon my desk pile up every moment I'm not there to keep up with them. I have work too- which I look forward to of course, but I would consider throwing everything I had worked for away if they would just take me with them.

-  [ X ]  -

The first thing I understood was the shaking of my hands, an unintentional nervous thing I found them doing. The next thing that came to me was the absence of light, regardless of how hard I rubbed my eyes, it stayed like that unchanging. Cold and cramped, the air heavy, brimming with dust.

'Holy fuck this box smells rank.'

Unsure of my mental state at this very moment, my hands found themselves drifting along the sides of the box I was held inside, and pounding on them until the door eventually caved outwards and threw me towards the floor. Concrete, not my first selection of a landing pad, but I suppose it'll have to do. My eyes scattered around the room searching for an explanation as to what had happened. I was unsure of my whereabouts, however, I was entirely sure the building was worn; grass peaking through floor tiles and cracks lining the walls.

"Hello..?" I shouted in a rash tone, forcing myself up and brushing off my knees. 

"The Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles~!!!" Someone said -just a bit too happily- causing me to jump back towards a wall. A high-pitched voice like that of a child. My eyes scanned their body- definitely not.

"Are you... A teddy bear..?" He was a black and white bear with a single red eye, carrying a half malicious grin.

"No- I'm your Headmaster, Monokuma!" He sighed before continuing, "Skipping on your first day of school, not very responsible of you (Y/N)."

Despite how hard they search, my lips were unable to find any words to respond to the Headmaster standing in front of me.

"Don't make me spell it out for you- Since you so sluggishly decided to sleep through the welcoming ceremony, your -favorite- principal will give you the rundown! Thank me later <3" I nodded my head, unaware of how hopeless my situation was about to become.

"You're part of a killing game! Starring you and 16 other students! Not just any students, Ultimate Students."

"Like those I've seen on tv?" I responded with a lash of excitement and curiosity.

"Exactly, it's just like what it sounds like, kill someone, and get away with it... And you can graduate!" He said indifferently, "It's as easy as that." And right before my eyes, he had vanished. I placed a hand on my chest, allowing myself to feel my heartbeat; It was rapid, it felt as though it would beat out of my chest. A concoction of excitement and apprehension spiraling within me.

The dust-covered oxygen entered my lungs and then exited. And after allowing myself to calm down a moment longer, I began to think back to what Monokuma had said. "Starring you and 16 other students!"... Well, he's certainly not vague... Who's side were the students even on though... They could be with Monokuma... Probably better if I don't place my trust in them, I sighed leaning against the wall. Besides the students, there was a bigger, more important question I should be looking at closer, how did I get here..?