Special Halloween Bonus Chapter ^^

It was September 28th and nearly sunrise as I already knew who was at my door, the rhythmic tap of their knuckles on my door was enough to know it was them. I knew what to expect from this visit to my room, it'd been far too long since they'd left. I shuffled out of bed hoping for the best, and there they were in all their glory, guilty look, quivering lower lip and everything; They truly couldn't stay held up in one location with me for too long.

"(Y/N)..." They frowned, already aware that I knew the words that were about to tremble from their lips. This alone was enough to confirm my suspicions, they'd be gone in the morning.

"Let me go on an adventure with you." No matter how many times I pondered that very request, the answer stood the same, unchanging.

"Maybe next time (Y/N)..." My lips pursued together, forming a frown, when would be the next time I could lock eyes with them. A sharp pain shot through my chest as the shadow cast upon my face dispersed. But all is well, I'm used to this treatment at this point.

It would've been irresponsible of me to go with them, and I understand that. The tasks stacked upon my desk pile up every moment I'm not there to keep up with them. I have work too- which I look forward to of course, but I would consider throwing everything I had worked for away if they would just take me with them.

"When..?" I sighed with a lost look and turned my back to them, unable to let my eyes linger on their shallow frame.

"I'll be there..." And just like usual, they were gone, quietly shutting the door behind me.

It's been exactly half a day, being that it was already 6:55 at they typically departed around 7, I figured they'd already left without telling me. Who was I kidding, it was like them to forget stuff like this.

I get it, they were looking for their sisters, but seriously... At some point it had simply gotten unbearable, did they not care enough about me to stay for longer than a week?

Regardless, I still found myself at the dock they always left on.

Pale green eyes and hair that reflected any light that was willing to gently graze it, yep that was definitely him, I sprinted in his direction just as he reached the dock. "Without..." I gasped for air, as I had just sprinted all the way here and I was still yet to get a break. "Saying goodbye?"

He only gave me a sad smile and a nod. "Rantaro... Please no, I love you, don't go." My single regret before losing him that day was not getting the opportunity to kiss him one final time.

-[X]-

17:46 or rather 5:46 PM, that's the exact time. I always found myself cautiously gazing over my watch when Rantaro had disappeared for nearly a month. My eyes track the long narrow arm of the clock tick as each second passed. October 26th, a Friday afternoon. In just 49 hours and 20 minutes, he will have been gone an entire month, scratch that, 49 hours and 19 minutes. Perhaps now would be a good time to make something to eat. Should I make enough for one or two people, could I even count on him being here today?

My mind settled upon two just to be safe as I began to wash rice, each grain dancing through my fingers as the warm water spun around each of them. The rice cooker clicked shut as I set the settings to white rice and found my way back to the couch, just what should I make. My mind was never really certain about just what I should make, which was one of the bigger sides of being Rantaro on the other side of the world. He always had some sort of oddball idea about what we should eat, regardless if it was good or not.