CROSSING THE LINE

Beyoncé's POV The girls were supposed to go to this dance competition down in Atlanta but Kelly was out of town this weekend so she's not available to help me supervise

Beyoncé's POV
The girls were supposed to go to this dance competition down in Atlanta but Kelly was out of town this weekend so she's not available to help me supervise.

There had to be at least two adults supervising for them to be able to go. I know that they're gonna be bummed out but I had to break the news to them.

"Okay girls huddle up" I turned off the music, grabbing everyone's attention. "I got some bad news"

They silently moved closer to me and waited for me to speak.

"So.. unfortunately we can't do the competition this year"

I heard groans, sighs, and curses coming from their mouths.

"Why not?" Daya rolled her eyes, clearly upset.

"Because there's no one else to supervise y'all and I can't do it alone"

"Why don't you get your boyfriend to do it?" Zendaya asked. First of all, who told her I had a boyfriend?

"Yea, why can't you just ask someone to come along? I mean it's not really a hard job, we aren't kids you know. All you have to do is make sure we don't get snatched up" my best dancer, Ryan said.

"Plus we been waiting all year for this" Zendaya added.

I huffed, running my hand down my face. I guess they were right. But it's all such short notice, I don't know if anyone will be available last minute.

"Who's this?" One of the girls in the back asked.

I removed my hand from my face and looked through the glass window to see Robyn walking up to the studio. I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled, what was she doing here?

"Okay girls, it's time for y'all's break. We'll talk more about this later"

I still received groans, sighs, and curses under their breath as they went on their separate ways. There's lots of food places right across the street so they'll probably grab some pizza and come back after.

"I know everybody hates their teacher but damn" Robyn laughed.

I smiled, shaking my head. "What are you doing here?"

"Whatchu mean? I came to see you dance" she said looking me up and down. I playfully rolled my eyes before raising a serious brow.

"I brought lunch" she cheesed pulling out a brown bag from behind her. I pulled her into a hug and thanked her for bringing me something to eat.

"I'm actually glad you stopped by, I think just saved me" I whispered the last part, looking around for any lurking girls.

"Yea?" She smiled in a laugh. "And why is that?" She asked.

We moved away from the front and sat in the middle of the studio. She carefully pulled out two giant sized burritos. She handed me mine and I wasted no time in unwrapping the paper, taking a bite out of it.