Beatleween 1966

The four Beatles were walking into the studio early one morning. It was just barely 5am. The date was October 31st. It was chilly and it was Halloween which was everyone's favorite day. 

The men took off their coats, hats, and scarves and got to work on their new album. 

“This one is going to be number one, I just know it!” Paul shouts out happily. 

“You say that about every album.” John chuckles. 

“And then what happens? It becomes number one!” Paul smiles. 

Through all of the commotion they didn’t realize that the door to their individual studio had been opened. 

“Well come on, we’ve got to get working.” John told the group. 

The boys started going through their list of songs when a man, with a large overcoat on and a hat that covered most of his face, came in and yelled at them for keeping the door open because they could hear them from down the hall. When he was done yelling he slammed the door behind him. 

“Alright, who left the door open!” George shouted. 

“You were the last one to walk in here.” Ringo pointed out. 

“Okay, well I closed the door.” George folded his arms and scowled.

“Hey why are you mad at us?” John asked. 

“Because we just got bloody yelled at by a man we don’t even know! Why don’t you pester Paul, he’s the one being all quiet over there.” George sneered.

Paul rolled his eyes.

“See!” George shouted and pointed at Paul. 

Paul stands up and starts pacing slowly back and forth. “Maybe it wasn’t one of us who didn’t close the door. Maybe someone opened it?” Paul said in a slow quiet voice. “I mean, like you said George, we’ve never seen that man in our lives. And who else would be here at 5am?” 

They all looked back and forth at each other. 

“You’re right Paul, who was that I wonder?” Ringo said. 

“Come on let's go see.” John said and started towards the door. The other Beatles followed closely behind. John opened the door and they all peeked out down the hallway. No one there. 

“Hmm that's weird. And no lights are on down there either.” John shrugged.

“Have I told you fellas about what happened a few nights ago while I was here?” Paul stood up straight and looked from George, to Ringo, and then to John. 

“Um no? Wait Paul, you were here a few nights ago?” John looked at him and closed the door and the four men went back to where they were moments ago. 

“Sometimes I can’t sleep so I come here to write meaningless songs. But that's not the point.” Paul starts pacing again. 

“Well what happened?” George tapped his foot impatiently. 

“Well something crazy happened.” Paul took a seat on the ground in front of the 3 other men. “On Wednesday I believe it was, I walked in at around 1am in hopes of working with my new bass for a few hours. I sat in the back left corner with one of the old amps and started playing She loves you. No one else was here, or so I thought.” 

“Come on, spit it out McCartney. What happened?” John sat down in front of Paul. 

“I was playing and I saw a shadow pass the door of our studio. I quickly remembered that I shut the door, just as George did before rehearsals today.” Paul pointed at George.