I Can't Get Started

A/N: I know this was a weird place to start, but I didn't know how to include Chris because I still wanted the original plot, so this is where I will have it pick up. There will be a little backstory at the beginning of the chapter. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jess left, Chris was destroyed, the blonde didn't blame him for the accident, but she was angry with the boy for leaving. 

The youngest Gilmore didn't leave her room for entire week, crying her eyes out. 

Lorelai and Rory did their best to comfort her, but they knew that Chris had to get the emotions out somehow. 

When she finally did leave, she distracted herself with Paris's student council campaign as well as baking for Sookie's wedding. 

When Chris had found out that Rory went to New York she was furious, especially since her sister had missed their mothers graduation for it. 

The blonde had gone off on her sister, ignoring the letter that the older twin had brought back for her from Jess. It sat on her dresser ignored.

Chris was already packed for New Orleans, a little upset that Jess wouldn't be going with her anymore, but she was still excited none the less. 

She had her floor plans safely placed in her bag next to her camera, also ignoring any calls she got from the boy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gilmore girls, Michel, and Sookie sat at a table listening to a CD. 

"Huh?" Sookie asked the group who had sat with with her after the music stopped.

"Sookie, you've gotta be kidding." Lorelai groaned in despair. 

"What?" The plump woman asked in confusion. 

"You cannot walk down the aisle to that." Chris protested shaking her head, her blonde curls flying everywhere.

"Why?" Sookie pouted making the Gilmore's sighed at the woman's confusion. 

"It's depressing." Lorelai exclaimed as Chris laid her head on her twins shoulder.

"It's Ella." The woman protested as she twirled a flower around in her hands. "It's morbid." The twins mother continued. 

"It's a classic song." The bride to be claimed making the young blonde giggle.

"A classic song with lyrics about a woman who can't make her relationship work, whose life is filled with emptiness and regret and pain." Lorelai ranted as her daughters stood up and began and grabbed a basket full of CD's. 

"Oh, who listens to the lyrics?" Sookie asked trying to persuade the woman.

"Anybody not hanging out with Annie Sullivan by the water pump." Lorelai said as the twins walked back to the table. 

"What are these?" Rory asked as she held the basket.

 "Oh, those are some alternative songs, but I really like this one the best." Sookie dismissed as Lorelai stood up to look through the discs. 

" Alternative songs, good. Let's see. Hey Jude." The twins mother questioned once she saw the first disk. 

"Paul wrote it for Julian to cheer him up." The Inn chef explained.

"Seasons in the Sun?"

"Oh, a sentimental favorite."

"Cat's in the Cradle?"