Say Goodnight, Gracie (Things Change)

"Okay, here's the problem. Every single one of my skirts is either too long or too short for this season's acceptable lengths. Which means I either have to alter or shop." Lorelai tells her daughters as they were getting ready to leave the house.

Chris was going to the salon with her grandmother and Paris, Rory and Lane were doing something, so they weren't joining.

Paris insisted on taking the bride to be out for a girls day.

The honking of a horn brought Chris out of her thoughts.

"I'm heading out." The youngest said placing a kiss on each of their cheeks before heading out to the car where Emily and Paris were waiting for her.

Things were changing, slowly but surley.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm thinking of going back to blonde." Chris said while she was getting her nails done, burgundy to match the color scheme.

"Really?" Emily asked her granddaughter as she gets her short acrylics placed on her fingers.

Paris glanced at her friend, she had just started getting used to Chris being a brunette.

"When we met, I was a blonde and when I dyed my hair we were fighting and he was so mad at me for doing it. He always said it was what made me unique in the Gilmore clan, so when I'm standing up there, I want to be blonde again."  The youngest Gilmore explained with a soft smile, which caused her companions to smile as well.

"Well, when you're done, you can head over to the hair stations. I'm sure someone can help you with that." The nail artist said making Chris jump, she completely forget that she was there.

"That would be appreciated." Emily answered for her flustered granddaughter who shook it off, smiling at the employee.

"How are you? You're getting married in two weeks." Paris questioned at the short girl who smiled widely.

Chris shook her head before looking at the blonde.

"I should be nervous, after all this is a huge thing, but I'm not. I know he is the one who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't have the slightest sliver of doubt when it comes to Jess and I." Chris explained, the youngest Gilmore was confident in the relationship she had with the trouble maker.

"Good. Now let's finish our nails, and get your hair done." The Gilmore matriarch ordered making them both smile softly and nod.

"Hey what's your plan for prom?" Paris asked making her friend cringe. 

"Jake is coming to Stars Hollow so he, Ryan, Jess and I, are having a double date watching movie that revolve around prom so that we can make fun of them." The youngest of the trio answered honestly, both Emily  and Paris giggled.

They didn't expect anything less from them.

That's who they were, and nobody could change that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke and Chris walked into a motel room, the blonde couldn't keep her glare off her face as she looked at the male.

"Left your wallet at the diner." Luke stated tossing the black wallet at the male, glancing at Chris who was fiddling with her engagement ring.

The diner owner had told Chris about Jimmy, and she insisted on coming with, said that she had something to say.

Chris tuned out their conversation until Luke put  a hand on her arm before walking out.