The Bracebridge Diner Pt. 2

This will probably be a short chapter since there's not much left of this episode.

Last Chapter:

"Mr. Gilmore, I'm not a great person and I really don't know what my future holds, but I know that I want it to include Chris. So I'm asking you, as the male figure that she looks up to, may I take your granddaughter on a date? I asked her mother but I know she values your opinion as well." Jess said, standing tall and looking the Gilmore patriarch in the eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard was in shock about what this young boy was asking him. Not many in this day would ask for permission to date their daughter, or in this case, granddaughter. 

"I respect you asking me, and I can tell how much you two care for one another..." Richard trailed off at the boy's defeated face. 

"I'm a very rich man Jess, if she ends up hurt, there is nowhere that I wouldn't be able to find you. Your'e a very lucky man to have someone like Chris." Richard finished making Jess smile and nod. 

"I really am, thank you Mr.Gilmore." Jess said making Emily smile. The Gilmore matriarch liked this boy a lot more than Dean. 

"Richard, call me Richard my boy."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guests were all mingling in lobby when Lorelai called for their attention, Chris and Sookie by her side. 

"Hey everybody, will you gather round? Everyone, everyone! First of all, I want to welcome you to the first annual and probably never ever to be held again because Sookie's on the verge of a nervous breakdown Bracebridge Dinner." Lorelai said jokingly making Chris giggle and shake her head. 

"I'm fine, everything's fine."  Sookie reassured waving off the concerned looks of the town-folk. 

"I also want to thank Mother Nature for snowing in the Trelling Paper Company in Chicago so I can throw this great party for all my friends instead. It's a very special night. And so, since I don't get to eat unbelievably strange food with my friends everyday, I have arranged a little surprise. Outside, as we speak, is a line of horse drawn sleighs and everybody gets a ride. So, uh, line up and keep it orderly. There's two per sleigh and no cutting in front of each other - that goes for everyone. Except me, 'cause I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss a ride in a horse drawn sleigh. Come on." Lorelai instructed causing Chris to bounce towards Jess.

 "Ride with me?" The blonde asked holding a hand out to the male. 

"Let's go." Jess said softly leading her to the coat rack and helped the shorter girl into her jacket.

Jess lifted the girl into the sleigh before getting in himself. 

"You're still upset about something." Chris said cuddling into the male under the provided blanket.

 "Luke lied about my mother calling. Said that she wanted me to come home for the holidays but he insisted that I stay with him." Jess admitted not understanding why he would lie about it when Luke knows that the teen boy didn't care less about whether she called or not. 

"Luke probably didn't want you to be hurt about Liz not calling, wanted you to think that she wanted to see you, but Luke didn't want you to go through the pain of rejection so he lied." Chris explained running her thumb over knuckles in comfort. 

"You say you don't care but as Luke and from his perspective see it, Liz was the only parent in your life so he naturally thought you would be upset about her not calling." She finished making Jess shut his mouth about objecting. 

"That's good." Jess said changing the subject, but Chris knew the boy was comforted by her words. 

"What?" The girl asked before looking where he was pointing. 

"Your snowman. Snow-woman, actually." Jess said bumping shoulders with the giggling girl. 

"You know which one is ours?" Chris questioned in shock making Jess laugh lightly before nodding. 

"It definitely has the most personality. Kind of looks like Bjork" Jess explained making the blonde perk up in understanding. 

"That's what we were going for." Chris joked with a nod before sighing.

 "But everyone thinks the one on the end is gonna be the winner." Chris frowned pulling the blanket tighter around her for more warmth as her grip on Jess's hand tightened.

 "Really? It's so overdone." Jess scoffed trying to cheer her up, he did believe that though. 

"No arguments from me." Chris grumbled but was happy Jess believed the Gilmore snow-woman was superior to the others. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the sleigh ride everyone was gathered in the dining room, Jess and Chris remained cuddled together talking quietly, so lost in their own world that they missed what Jackson had been saying to the group.

Rory tried to keep Dean distracted so that he wouldn't get upset but it wasn't working. 

"How could you and your mother be okay with Chris hanging out with him?" Dean whispered harshly to his girlfriend shocking the brunette Gilmore twin. 

"Because she's happier around him than she has ever been, the better question is why does it concern you?" Rory shot back, she was upset how much time her boyfriend spent on this. 

Dean was taken back, he hadn't expected Rory to point that out. 

"It concerns me because I care about my friends, and Chris is my friend." Dean said trying to justify his interest in the blonde and the bad boy.

Rory winced, she knew how her twin really felt about the tall male. The brunette twin remained silent worrying Dean. 

"Just stay out of it. Who Chris hangs out with is none of your business." Rory spat scooting away from him, and smiling as Chris held up her fork, which had Sookie's 'Chris's  Chocolate Pie' on the prongs. 

Jess's eyes widened considerably at the taste making the blonde giggle and nod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dean and I got into a fight." Rory said while lying on the bed she would share with her twin who wasn't currently in the room, was instead talking with their grandparents and Jess over a cup of cocoa. 

"Oh honey." Lorelai sighed sitting beside her eldest and holding her hand to comfort her. 

"He asked how we could be okay with Jess and Chris hanging out together, and when I asked why it was any of his business, he said it was because Chris was his friend." Rory explained picked at the blanket. 

"We will get onto the topic of how Dean thinks that he and Chris are friends on a later date, but right now, you need to know that you did nothing wrong. Dean had absolutely no right to make a comment like that." Lorelai said before Chris came barreling in with a large smile, but it quickly fell upon seeing Rory's teary eyes. 

"What happened?" Chris asked holding her sister tightly, kissing her forehead. 

"Don't worry about it, tell me what had you all smiley." Rory ordered but Chris was worried about her twin. 

"It will cheer me up." Rory offered making the smile stretch across the blondes face once again. 

So Chris told her story, about how Jess asked her out, how he had asked her mother and grandfather for permission before hand, and how grandma offered to show the boy some of her favorite books that he had never read before.