Chapter 10

As our anniversary got closer I got more and more excited about what Adam might have planned but I did my best not to ask questions about it.

Adam had designed a dress for me to wear; it revealed the punk rock theme. It was a full length metallic white dress with a dark blue sash that crossed itself at the front with union jacks printed on it. There were several safety pins and a silver chain was added to the dress as well.

There was also a black suit jacket for me to wear; it had a silver chain going down each arm, lots of badges and a red scrunch tie.

"I'd love to know what was going through his brain box when he thought of this," I commented.

"Don't you like it?" Evangeline asked worriedly.

"It's the best outfit I've ever seen, he's done brilliantly so far." I said excitedly.

"So you've moved on from causing anarchy and now you are wearing punk clothing instead, cool." She joked.

Adam sent a graffiti styled hummer to pick us up.

"I wasn't expecting that either, in a good way." I smiled.

"What transport were you expecting?" she asked.

"I don't know, it's hard to be surprised when you own so many cars." I shrugged.

We were driven to a field where a marquee had been set up and somehow the January weather was on our side as it was quite sunny and it hadn't rained in a while.

"What sane person would pick a field in January?" I commented.

There weren't many people there and it was a parent-free affair. My agent Cherri was there, so was Alfie and John-Mitchell.

Adam hadn't gotten anyone to actually renew our vows so it was just a party with overdressed people in a field.

"Sorry I forgot to get the one person other than us that is vital to the whole thing." Adam said once he'd found me.

"It's alright, they say it's the thought that counts, right?" I smiled.

The whole thing was more depressing than I had hoped it would be. The lack of people reminded me that I don't have many friends. The drunken people reminded me that I can't drink and to top it all off hardly anyone else were married so they could have a lot more fun than I could.

I didn't mind being married and I was very happy to be with Adam but I couldn't help remembering the days when I was the life of the party even if I was completely off my head.

Although the party had no order without an actual ceremony but Adam insisted on making a speech.

"It's weird how people meet the people they love; some people just find each other at work, others Alex and me for example, crash into each other at the park because of a crazy schnauzer and some skateboards." He started.

"Yay, it's going to be an embarrassing speech, get me out of here." I whispered to Levi.

"It's not everyday a billionaire decides a local mechanic is the one they want to spent the rest of their life with but I'm so glad she picked me. I feel like a princess or something." He grinned.

"Has he been drinking?" I asked Levi.

"Yeah, he was really nervous about this, especially after he realised he messed up with the vow renewal person." Levi shrugged.

I went and grabbed a bottle of booze, went up to him and took the microphone off of him.

"This embarrassing speech is over, I've had enough embarrassing speeches in my life so let's get smashed instead." I said then dropped the microphone.