Besides, shouldn't he act more professionally?

But at the same time, she knew she was in the same situation with Darius. He was a professional so he shouldn't get involved with her. But somehow it felt different. She wanted it to be different.

Much like last time, Matt pulled a small laptop from his bag and set it beside him. He typed in a few words before clasping his hands together and turning his attention to her.

"So Nathalia, can you tell me about those nightmares you've been having."

As soon as he'd said it they went into therapy mode. No more jokes, no more flirting.

She tried her best to tell him everything that had been going on this past week. But for some reason, she didn't want to tell him about the fact that Darius came to wake her up a few times. Or that they'd spend the time afterward talking together. It felt like such an intimate thing. It was a moment between Darius and her, something she didn't want to share with anyone else.

Matt let her talk for the most part. Every now and then he'd ask her to elaborate on something but he stayed mostly silent. Sometimes she'd mention something she'd forgotten to say during the previous session and he'd type it into his laptop.

In the last few minutes, Matt explained some exercises to her that were supposed to help combat the nightmares. He didn't want to jump to medication straight away, "It's more of a last resort kind of thing, you know?" he'd said.

So he gave her a sheet of paper with some questions on it, and every time she'd wake up from a nightmare she was to grab a journal and answer these questions.

They were easy enough questions, 'what time did the nightmare occur?', 'Describe what the nightmare was about', 'How long did the nightmare go on for?', 'How bad was the nightmare? (rate 1-10)' and a few more.

Just as they said their goodbyes and Nathalia walked Matt to the door, Darius came downstairs as well.

"Do you have a minute?"

It took her a second to realize he was asking Matt, something she hadn't expected.

"Yeah, sure. What for?" Matt asked.

"Just want to talk," Darius replied, shrugging.

Understanding she wasn't invited to the conversation, she turned back into the house and wondered what the conversation could be about. She hoped they weren't going to talk about her session with Matt, that was confidential right? But at the same time, there wasn't really anything she hadn't told Darius before. So she'd just have to wait until she could ask Darius about it.

Darius POV

He stepped outside after Matt and closed the door to ensure Nathalia couldn't hear them. She probably wouldn't approve of the conversation, knowing her.

"So... What did you want to discuss? I can't talk about what's been said during th--" Matt started, but was soon cut off by Darius.

"I don't give a fuck about what you two said during her session. It's what you said before that."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't remember flirting with your own patient? It could've been friendly banter if it wasn't for that little wink you threw in afterward," Darius said frowning as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

The wink had bothered him a lot more than he was willing to admit, it somewhat enraged him. He didn't want other men to look at her like that. She was his to protect. His. But he had to keep his composure. Right now, he had the upper hand in this confrontation. But if the psychologist caught wind of his infatuation with her it could turn around pretty fast.