She doesn't notice me- not yet, anyway. I don't even think she knew who would come to pick her up eventually. I bet my balls she didn't think it would be me though.

She starts scanning the parking lot while she crosses the street. When she gets close enough where I know she'd be able to spot me, her eyes primed around, over the space. It felt like an eternity before her eyes ultimately landed on me. She double-takes, as if she's trying to make sure it's actually me, then narrows her eyes while bending over the tiniest bit. I suppress a chuckle and do a two-finger wave in some sort of verification. I see her rush some words out down the line, then take her phone in her hands and slightly pressing the screen, ending the call, I assume. She throws the device into her shoulder bag, then with just a few more steps, she's by my car.

''Uh... hi,'' Her voice came out breathless, almost panting even. Her face is the perfect paradigm of complete puzzlement. She looks even prettier up close. She has nothing on her eyes, her lashes seem normal, but her cheeks got this pink radiance. And when will she stop wearing this fucking glossy shit over her lips? I swear she's doing it on purpose.

''Hey,'' I smile and bring the cigarette back up to my lips.

''I swear I don't mean to sound rude, but... what are you doing here?'' she questions, deftly.

I pause. What do I say to not make this sound weird? I'm here to pick you up? Just get in the fucking car and you'll see? I'm here to drive you to the gym? I was hired as your personal driver and am now required to drive you anywhere you want, anytime, any day?

I decide to go with the most cogent one. ''I'm picking you up.''

She purses her lips. Her eyes search mine, then look behind me for my truck, then back to mine again. I find myself straining in anticipation.

Please don't refuse...

She laments. ''I'll never be able to get in there,'' she nods her head towards the G-wagon.

I feel the corners of my lip lifting, a weight I didn't know stood on my shoulders evaporates. Thank God. I don't know why I was expecting some kind of frenzy from her.

''I'll just help you up, come on.''

I move around the car, to the passenger side of the vehicle. I hear her sigh before I feel her following behind me. I open the door and move to the side so she can come upfront. Once she is, she looks up at the seat as if I just asked her to bungee jump off a cliff.

''Okay, so lean your foot against the handle piece right here,'' I instruct, as she tilts her little foot up, and puts all her weight on it against the bar section set down beneath, coming up to her ankles. ''Now push your body upwards, and I'll place you on.''

Isabella huffs. ''This car was not made for people below the six feet mark.''

I chuckle, but don't get the time to form a response as she abruptly pushes herself on aloft, making me guide her up by her soft waist and push her up by the back of her delectable leg. Almost choking on the cigarette between my lips in the process. Oh, how I would fucking love to keep my hands on her.

Once I see she's settled and fondling with the seatbelt, I move to my side and climb up my seat a lot more graciously than she did. Not that I blame her. This car really is made for people exceeding at least six feet. I mimic her and start putting my seatbelt around me. As I do so, I notice her giving me an almost tedious look from the corner of my eye.

I tip my gaze to hers. ''Is something wrong?''

She recuperates her facial expression into a blank one and shakes her head. ''Nope, nothing.''