Comet's Return

Estel's POV

I'm walking with Caroline and Bonnie through the school corridors before class. " I'm confused. Are you psychic or clairvoyant?" Care asks Bonnie.

"Technically, Grams says I'm a witch. My ancestors were these really cool Salem witch chicks or something. Grams tried to explain it all, but she was looped on the liquor so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family, yes. Witches? I don't think so" Bonnie tells us. No crazy, she is a witch as is her grams. Miss Shelia taught me everything I know about magic. She's been my mentor since freshman year.

"Yeah, well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night" Care tells her.

"I didn't see him, you did. Why didn't you just talk to him?" Bonnie asks her.

"She was drunk" I tell her and Care shoves me playfully. "We have to get to class, see you both later" I tell them. Then go to Chemistry.

(Mystic Grill)

I'm with Elena, Bonnie and Caroline at the grill. We're talking about the comet and Elena's night with Stefan Salvatore. "Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death" Bonnie explains.

"I remember reading about it. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity" I add.

"Yeah, and then Bonnie poured her Grams another shot and she told her about the aliens" Care says and turns back to Elena. "So then what?" she asks her.

"So then nothing" Elena tells her.

"You and Stefan talked all night?" I ask her.

"There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" Care asks.

"You're confusing me with Estel" Elena tells her.

"I'm not that bad" I tell her.

"Besides we didn't go there" she adds.

"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut" Care tells her.

"I always have to share the smut from my one night stands" I tell Elena.

"We just talked for hours" Elena tells us.

"OK, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already!" Care tells her.

"Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!" I tell Elena smirking.

"Profound" she says as she gets up grabbing her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks her.

"Caroline and Estel are right" Elena tells her. "It is easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do" she says and leaves.

"Good luck Elena, use protection" I tell her and I see her blush as she leaves the grill. "Don't we have programs to hand out?" I ask Care and Bonnie.

"Right here" Care says producing a pile.

"You two can work together and Elena will join me when she returns" Bonnie tells us. We agree and split the pile. Care and I leave the grill. We start to hand out programs and hang them up.

"Tonight, night of the comet! Would you like a program?" I ask a couple. They smile and take one. I notice Care go to cross the straight smiling. She then stops looking confused. "You ok Care?" I ask her concerned.

"Yeah, I thought I saw someone. Guess I was wrong" she tells me. We go back to handing out programs. I notice Elena helping Bonnie and smile.

(Time skip, night time)