6

Aha. Dahyun has a plan.

"So, I'm planning to go with my best friend on Sunday! Matching tattoos. You going to be here then?" Chaeyoung was weirded out at the sudden question.

"Well yeah, probably. I have the night shift on Sunday, five to nine." Dahyun on the inside was clapping with excitement.

"Nice! Great!"

"Why, exactly?"

"Because, I want you to be our tattoo artist then. I want to be your friend!"

One word. One single word ruined her. Friend? She sighed. The word 'friend' vanished away from her vocabulary a long time ago. That word ate her alive, two times to be exact. How? In highschool, Chaeyoung had a hard time making friends. She had a cheerful attitude back then, althought it was one of her charms, it was the reason why she was bullied. In her darkest times, there she found her most treasured friends. Who knew that the teasure was only fake gold. Itchy, irritating. People should stay away from it.

Chaeyoung got out of her thoughts as she felt a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Ugh, sorry. I didn't notice." she wiped her tears.

"You're crying?! Oh my God, stupid Dahyun. I'm so sorry, if I brought anything up." Dahyun panicked, and quickly grabbed her handkerchief from her pocket, for Chaeyoung to use. Although she didn't know why the tattoo artist was crying, she felt pity for the latter.

"It's okay." Chaeyoung was shocked, how could a person be so nice to a stranger?

"No! I insist." Dahyun smiled. Chaeyoung took the handkerchief and wiped her tears, and because of all the thinking, she forgot that she had to work on the tattoo. Chaeyoung said a small, 'thank you' before she worked on Dahyun again.

"Hey, how old are you?" Chaeyoung didn't feel weird, and she didn't hesitate to answer. Why? Chaeyoung doesn't know.

"Twenty-five years old. You?"

"Wait, really?! You're younger than me! I'm twenty-six."

"Oh, then I should call you unnie?" Chaeyoung felt awkward as they weren't close yet. Wait, she realized, she's finally opening up. She regretted saying some of her information, as she doesn't want to get hurt. Again.

"Oh, no! I feel old. It's okay if you just call me Dahyun." Dahyun smiled. She's happy, because that Chaeyoung girl is warming up to her.

"Oh, okay." The younger quickly changed back to normal. Dahyun was confused.

'That girl is moody.' Dahyun thought.

"And, you are done."

Chaeyoung put some petroleum jelly on her tattoo, and a bandage.

"So, after this, remove the bandage after 24 hours. Gently wash the tattoo with antimicrobial soap and water, also be sure to pat it dry. Apply a layer of antibacterial or Vaseline ointment twice a day, but don't put on another bandage. Gently wash your tattoo area twice a day with soap and water, gently pat it dry before reapplying the antibacterial or Vaseline ointment. And then, keep applying moisturizer or ointment after you clean it to keep it moist. Make sure you follow these steps, because if you don't, you will most likely get a skin infection."

The older just nodded, while typing those instructions in her notes.

"Got it! So, I'll see you Sunday?" Dahyun said while putting her bag on her shoulder. Chaeyoung paused. Should she give it a try?

'Should I? She looks nice. But, don't get deceived by looks, Son Chaeyoung! Well, she's smiling widely, I don't want to make her feel bad.' She thought.

"I don't have any other choice. See you Sunday." Chaeyoung took a deep breath before she said it with a small smile. Dahyun was surprised, and was happy that she saw her smiling. It made her smile too.

Dahyun left the premises, and Chaeyoung is getting ready to go home.

"I see, you got a little friend?" her co-worker, Kaemin asked.

"I don't know. Anyways, I got to go. Bye Kaemin."

"Alright, alright. Bye Chaeyoung!" Kaemin laughed. Chaeyoung smiled a little, as her co-worker really silly for her age.

Chaeyoung doesn't call Kaemin a friend, as she doesn't hang out with her, nor does she 'goof around' with her. She calls her an acquaintance, because Kaemin stood up for her when Heejin was annoying her. She's still thankful for Kaemin either way.

word count: 717 words