5

Last customer, and Chaeyoung can get off of work. Finally. She was exhausted and just wanted to lay in her bed. She heard the door open, it seemed like a girl as Chaeyoung briefly saw the person's features. The girl talked to the receptionist and then the receptionist pointed at Chaeyoung's direction. She was relieved, as she can sleep soon.

She saw the girl coming her way, with a wide smile. Chaeyoung knows that, that smile is going to go away. As, Chaeyoung's attitude turns off everybody. It's not her fault.

"Hello! Kim Dahyun." The girl put her hand out, supposedly for a handshake.

"Son Chaeyoung. Sit down, now."  Chaeyoung didn't even bother shaking her hand. She wanted to finish right away, no dilly-dallying. Unexpectedly, the girl's smile is still there. Chaeyoung just wiped the sweat on her forehead and exhaled, ignoring the other's smile.

Chaeyoung just explained how the equipments were sterilized, and how the process was going to go. The girl just nodded, and said that it was her first time. The style that the girl showed to her was the usual tattoo, a butterfly. Chaeyoung prepped the equipments and started to work on Dahyun.

________________

Dahyun was sad. Sad for the tattoo artist that was working on her. The girl looked so tired, and had dark circles under her eyes. She was thinking on how to make her smile, when she immediately felt a sting.

"Ow!" Dahyun screamed a little, not noticing that she was actually holding Chaeyoung's thigh.

Chaeyoung was frustrated. Not only because a random stranger is squeezing her left thigh. Because since earlier, that Dahyun girl was being so nice to her, smiling like a ray of sunshine. Why isn't she scared of her like the other people are? This thought had been bothering Chaeyoung since she started on Dahyun's tattoo.

"You know that you're saueezing my thigh, right? Aren't you scared of me? I have all these tattoos. I haven't even smiled at you. I don't act all friendly, I ignore you. Heck, isn't that annoying enough?" Chaeyoung asked out of frustration. The second she let all those words out, she regretted it. She could've said nothing. But, she just had to blurt out weird questions.

"You know, I don't think any person is scary. And, those tattoos are beautiful. People with tattoos aren't scary. And, there may be a reason why they act down. That's why I always act nice, and smile all the time. So that I can maybe, just maybe, brighten someone's day. Sorry if you don't like me touching your thigh, it's just that it hurts a lit-ow!" Dahyun chuckled, despite the pain. She answered the question truthfully. That's Dahyun. She worries about other people more than herself. It's a bad, but also good thing.

Chaeyoung was left speechless. She thought, 'How can anyone think that way? Do people really have that mindset? Why does that girl care so much about others?'. Chaeyoung thought that Dahyun would just be mean, and bully her. Like what her old friends did to her. But no, Dahyun did the opposite.

"O-oh. You really think like that?"

Dahyun nodded, with a smile. By then, Chaeyoung was amazed. No, not particularly amazed, just surprised. She had this kind of feeling, refreshed?

word count: 554 words