1

Friday, 7:15 AM.

Chaeyoung opened her eyes as she felt the warm sunlight on her face. She immediately felt annoyed and closed the curtains.

She sat up and took her phone, her habit every morning. After a few minutes of scrolling through her safe space, Twitter, she smelled a familiar scent coming from the kitchen.

The sweet scent of maple syrup, and the buttery aroma of her favorite breakfast food, pancakes. She quickly put her phone in her pocket and ran outside, not caring about her appearance. She went to the kitchen and saw her roommate plating the pancakes.

"Morning, Chae!" Chaeyoung's roommate, Jihyo greeted with a warm smile. Chaeyoung smiled back.

"Morning! How many pancakes did you make?" she sat down.

"Woah, you are in a good mood today." the older chuckled. "I made seven pancakes. Too much?" she added.

"Just perfect. I love pancakes, they make me happy."

Jihyo just felt happy for her younger friend, as she sees her friend happy. Now, she knows that it only takes a pancake or two to see those cute dimples.

They ate some bites of their pancakes, until Jihyo asked something.

"You have a shift today? Or is it your day off?" Chaeyoung then sighed, she's tired because she had to do some extra work to fill in for the absent employee last night.

Jihyo noticed that she sighed, and looked up to see that her smile is gone. Chaeyoung went back to her blank face, as she always does. Jihyo felt guilty for bringing up work.

"Unfortunately, yes. I have a shift later at ten thirty up until five." Chaeyoung felt relieved as she didn't have the night shift, because if that happened, then she wouldn't be able to attend the hangout later with her friends.

They talked and ate. After, Chaeyoung got ready, and put on some casual clothes. Of course, they're in her favorite colors, black and yellow. She had always liked them, since she was a child.

She took her bag, car keys, and went out to the living room to say goodbye to Jihyo.

"I'm going now. Bye." She waved.

"Bye, Chae! Take care!" Jihyo waved back.

'I wonder, when will you ever be back to normal?' Jihyo thought.

word count: 378 words