Start of Senior Year

Estel's POV

Dear Journal, this year I've quit cheer leading and have passed to reins to Caroline. Who is now captain of the squad. My younger sister. Some people may see her a shallow, but I don't. I love my sister and will do anything to protect her.

I've been having dreams recently of Mystic Falls in 1864. I hate these dreams, they're the reason I'm not friends with Elena Gilbert. One of Caroline's best friends. The three of us used to be close. But in freshmen year I started to have dreams of me killing Elena and now I don't trust myself around her. If I ever hurt her, it'd hurt Caroline and I'd never forgive myself.

Caroline wants me to go with her to see Elena today when we arrive at school. To check on her. I agreed, as I still care about Elena. Anyway today is the start of my senior year. Hopefully this year will fly by and I can get out of this small town. Wish me luck.

"Estel, are you ready yet?!" Caroline calls. I close my journal and hide it in the hidden compartment in my wardrobe. Where my grimoire and witch stuff are hidden. Yeah I'm a witch, the only witch in my family ever. I lock the compartment and leave my room. "I'm driving, is that ok?" she asks me once I meet her in the hall way.

"That's fine Care, lets go" I tell her. We go to her car after I lock the door. "Mum already at work?" I ask her as I grab munch on an apple I grabbed from the kitchen.

"Where else would she be?" she asks me. "You're starting senior year today. She could of stayed for breakfast or wished you luck" she tells me.

"Honestly Care, I don't care about that" I assure her.

"Do you think Elena's ok?" she asks me as she drives us to school.

"Her parents died Care, with her in the car. She miraculously survived. She'll probably pretend to be fine, but she probably won't be completely fine yet" I explain.

"All the more reason, you should be friends with her again. She needs all the friends she can get with her parents gone and after her break up with Matt" she tells me.

"Care, you know why I can't be her friend" I remind her. I'd told her about the dreams. But not about me being a witch.

"But you haven't had those dreams all summer, what if they're gone? Then there's nothing stopping you from being her friend again" she tells me.

"I don't know, I'll think about it" I mumble as we arrive. We get out and go inside in search of Elena. We find her with Bonnie outside her locker and Caroline hugs her tightly.

"How are you? Oh, it's so good to see you" Caroline says as she pulls away. "How is she? Is she good?" she asks Bonnie.

"Caroline, I'm right here. And I'm fine. Thank you" Elena tells her.

"Really?" I ask her not convinced.

"Yes, much better Estel" she assures me and I smile.

"Oh, you poor thing" Caroline says and hugs her again.

"Okay Caroline" I say pulling her away, to stop her suffocating Elena.

"Oh! Okay, see you guys later?" she asks Bonnie and Elena.

"Ok, bye" Bonnie says. Caroline and I leave them to it. I walk her to her class and then go to my Italian lesson. I want to travel the world and the easiest way to communicate is to know as many languages as possible. I know Latin and am taking Italian along with French. I'm also take English, Mathematics, Chemistry  and History as I want to write books on the history of the places I visit.