Chapter 15: Expectations

Start from the beginning

"Bo..yyy-

"Boyfriend. The asian dude. Yeah, I kinda know him."

"Fuck off. Look, he said you knew. Said you were ok-..man, im trying to talk here the fuck are you doing?"DaKarie ignored him, dialing up the bastard and putting him on speaker.

"Hello?"

"What did you do?"

"Oh." Kyle muttered, as if looking to the screen and suddenly realizing who it was. He hung up then, leaving DaKarie baffled, mouth gaping. Kyle sent a little thumbs up a second later. He met it with an angry face and two 'fuck you's.

"I aint got shit to say to you. Your a fucking psychopath, man."

"Tsk, can I explain at least?" Karie glared, eyeing the man. Kyle had been the one to set him up, meaning everything that happened was long forgotten. On his end anyway. He'd been trying to get them to speak for months.

"You beat him half to death. For what?"

"Man, I dont know..I-..fuck, your my bestfriend man, basically blood and shit. You were off fucking around with all these dudes. Which you were not slick about at all by the way. Its like we were brothers one second and then you just fucking dipped. So yeah, I was pissed. I had a chance to do somethin bout it so I did."

"More then one." DaKarie glared. Chris looked surprised for a moment. He shook his head in confusion. "Max. You got a chance at him didnt you? What'd you do to him?"

"..I just told the truth." He said finally, shrugging. Karie's jaw would've broken from how hard it clenched. He stepped forward, standing tall over the stubby motherfucker. Chris was too used to it to be intimidated.

"Do you know what you did?" He spoke slower, practically spitting each word. Chris probably didint know. Yet the anger in his best friends face and how disgusted he sounded did manage to strike some form of guilt in him.

"You were my brother. I had your back, every fucking time. But I can see it now. Your fucking poison, man. And if I was avoiding you it's because I found motherfuckers that were better than you. You hurt people over nothing. Ruin people over nothing. I don't want you in my life. Because I don't ever wanna be like you again."

DaKarie was preparing to walk away, tired of looking at the guy when he saw it. Bro was crying. Actually crying. Sure it was quiet, more a couple sniffs and blinking his eyes and shit but he hadn't done that in years. Not since they were lil badass kids anyway.

"Fuck, man." Christ turned, coughing into his fist. He looked ashamed almost.

"Bruh I..Im sorry, you know. Just sorry.."

"...bullshit..fuck. You fucking serious right now? You get this is cheating right?! You think you can just have a breakdown and get out of facing the consequences of all the stupid shit you do?"

Chris remained quiet, facing the road. He kept sniffling, face hard. DaKarie scoffed, clutching at his face as he thought.

"Fuck. Fuck." He dove forward, dragging the man in for a firm hug. Chris muttered some cusses but was thankful. He turned around, returning it. They slapped roughly at eachothers backs, Chris groaning a little. Yeah he might have been a little too rough. Still pissed.

They pulled away quick before anyone could catch them being all soft.

"We uh..we good?"

"I'll let you know." Chris frowned a little but nodded, hiking up his backpack. DaKarie glanced at him from the phone he was already tapping at.