"Fucking hell Bucky. Bit early to be calling." Theo's voice could be heard down the phone.

"Theo, have you seen Gem at all?" Bucky could hear Theo shuffling. 

"Not since yesterday. Why?" He asked worried. "What time is it?" He asked himself, checking something. Theo noticed the date on his phone screen, cursing under his breath. "Shit, one sec. Taur!" Bucky heard him shout for his sister. "Taury!" 

"What?" 

"You seen Gem?" Bucky couldn't see the girl but Theo's reaction connected the dots. "We've not seen her. Have you called Nate and Toni?"

Bucky cleared his throat, starting to get really scared. "Um, Tony and Nat are calling them." Theo could hear the fear in the man's voice.

"We'll keep an eye out for her. Don't worry." Taury called through the phone. "We'll let you know if we she comes hear." Bucky hummed in reply, hanging up the phone.

His stomach churned at the worst thoughts in his head. He couldn't handle it. He excused himself from the room, running his hands over his head and going into his and Gem's room and straight to the bathroom. The contents of his stomach reared through his body as he gagged. He felt so ill with worry. 

Leaning against the sink, he held his head between his knees, hyperventilating. He didn't know what to do. He was panicking. He didn't want to think about the amount of possible things that could be happening. 

A knock at the bathroom door caught his attention. Looking up he saw Steve. "She'll be alright." He assured him.

"What if she's not Steve?" He worried. "What if something's happened or she's done something. She been fine for weeks but she warned me that today was a tough day for her. There's a million things that could happen and I don't-- Steve I can't think about that, but that's all I can think about."

Steve decided to sit on the floor opposite of his best friend. "Buck. She's gonna be okay. Dixon's with her, which means she's not gonna do anything that would endanger him. She's gonna be okay. I know you're scared after her incident but she's been okay the passed two weeks and you've looked after her. She just needs that little bit of space right now and she'll be home soon."

Bucky sighed, rubbing his eyes with his palms. "I guess you're right." He pushed himself off the floor. "I'm still keeping myself busy." 

"Sparring in the training room?" Steve suggested earning a quick nod before the pair walked out.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini's hands trembled as she walked towards the door. The shaking was a mixture of the cold and her anxiety. She only just realised how scared the others would be. She hadn't left a note or any indication on where she was going. She felt guilty knowing they would worry.

Knocking on the door, it quickly swung open revealing a relieved Joe on the phone. "It's alright Nate, I've got her." He reassured her brother down the phone, hanging up quickly. "You've had everyone worried like hell Gem, what the hell were you thinking?" She shrugged, staying completely still making him realise how much the girl was actually shaking. "Come here, Zodiac."

She clung onto the man and his warmth as she felt tears spill. She sighed a shaky breath, letting go of Dixon's leash as he ran into the apartment. "I know Gem, I know." Joe comforted her. "I miss him too. We all do." He rubbed her back soothingly, trying to calm his friend down. "Let's get you in before you turn into Steve." He tried to lighten the mood, earning a small smirk from the girl and a thanks.

Sitting on the couch, Becky came running out of her room at the sound of Joe speaking. "Auntie Gem." She ran to the woman, hugging her tightly. "Are you okay, Uncle Nate sounded worried on the phone?" She asked her.