001. Home Sweet Home

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

"FUNNY YOU'RE THE broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving. 'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving."

Stay by Rihanna blasted through Gemini's headphones as she waited for her plane to be called. She slouched in her chair, bobbing her head to the song.

Removing the headphone from her right ear, she sighed in frustration at the tannoy announcing another flight which wasn't her's.

"I'm gonna complain, we've been waiting for three hours." Taury grumbled beside her, "I mean, our flight was meant to be here an hour and a half ago, this is ridiculous."

Gemini smiled at her best friend as she looked around the bustling airport. People with suitcases running afraid of missing their flight, families sitting or walking together smiling happily, parents looking out for their children so they didn't get lost as they went off to play.

Weirdly, Gemini liked airports, the busy atmosphere and loud surroundings, it reminded her of home in a strange sense. The busy bustling of the New York streets.

She felt a weight on her left thigh and she looked down to see her Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Dixon, resting his head on her lap signalling he wanted some attention. She stroked his head absentminded and he licked her hand.

Taury was sat in her chair, computer on lap complaining. Gemini rolled her eyes before signing, "If you're so bothered about us not boarding then go and ask how long it'll be." Taury shook her head.

"I can't be bothered to get up. Plus I'm watching FRIENDS on my Netflix downloads." Gemini smiled shaking her head before pulling out her phone and scrolling through her music playlist.

She was about to click onto a new song when the tannoy finally announced her's and Taury's flight. She heard her best friend let out a cheer of relief at the announcement before putting away her computer.

"Fucking finally." She replied. Gemini snorted,

People walked around the two girls apprehensively due to the fact of the reputation Staffordshire Bull Terriers had. Gemini could only roll her eyes, 'This is one of the times being mute sucks.' She thought as they showed their passports to the border control.

The woman looked at Gemini before looking down at Dixon. Gemini mentally groaned before signing, "He's not dangerous, he's a support dog." The woman just looked Gemini not understanding Gemini's sign language.

She turned to Taury asking for a translation, "She said he's not dangerous, he's her support dog." The woman turned back to the silent girl for confirmation. She nodded as the woman then smiled.

"Enjoy your journey home." She replied sweetly and the girls walked away without another glance.

Gemini turned to Taury and huffed, "I swear they need border control that know sign language, what if it was a deaf person and they were alone. It's ridiculous, learn sign language ignorant bastards." She ranted making her friend laugh as they found their seats on the plane, Gemini's being right by the window.

She sighed with happiness as the plane lifted out of the foreign airport before plugging her headphones into her phone, listening to music as she fell asleep, awaiting the several hours that she would be travelling in a confined space with her best friend and pet support dog.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini walked off the plane, her back muscles tensed and sore from the position she had been seated in for many hours, with Taury as they made their way down to the luggage collector.

It wasn't hard to miss Gemini's bag. It contained many stickers from her travels to many countries along with different flags and sign language tips. The silver suitcase had been covered in the small decorations you would think that it was meant to look like that, it wasn't though.

Taury's suitcase on the other hand wasn't as creative as Gemini's, yes it had the stickers of the countries she had visited, but, there wasn't as many and there were no flags on it at all.

After triple checking that they had all their luggage, they had previously forgotten luggage and had to come all the way back to collect it in the very early hours of the morning annoying them greatly, before making their way to the meeting point.

Dixon was the first of the three to see Nate, Gemini's older brother, waiting for them. They ran over quickly bear hugging the middle child of the Braddock family before smiling at him.

"I missed you." He told Gemini kissing her head and moving onto Taury, "And of course I missed you Taury." Lastly he stroked Dixon's head as he jumped up at him looking for affection, "And how could I not miss Dixon? Tell me all about your journey in the car." He told them as they began to walk out.

They reached Nate's Jeep and they quickly jumped in, "You girls hungry? We could stop off somewhere. McDonalds? Twenty-four hour iHop?" He asked.

Gemini sighed shaking her head as Nate looked to her, "It's three thirty in the morning, but yes we're hungry. To McDonalds!" She signed putting emphasis at the end making Nate laugh as he pulled out of the airport car park on his way to McDonalds.

|/\|/\|/\|

Gemini sighed with relief once she reached the comfort of her bed. She loved hotel beds, don't get her wrong but the comfort of her own bed being home in the U.S made her happy and comfortable.

She placed the McDonalds bag on the side, going to eat it later as she made her way to her bedroom.

She quickly changed into her pyjamas taking her hair out of its messy bun, letting it drop into it's natural bushy, curly hair before jumping into the warmth and soft linen that was her bedsheets.

Not bothering to unpack until the morning, Gemini drifted off to sleep, Dixon curled up at the bottom of her bed close by her side.

Home Sweet Home

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

I had fun writing this chapter and the next one will be up soon

Kayla Lou xxx