009. The Compound

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI STOOD IN front of the building waiting. She had face-timed Tony explaining her situation. Unsurprisingly, he was actually glad she had come to him for help. He loved the younger woman like a little sister and was happy to help her.

She sighed bored sitting herself on the sidewalk with Dixon by her side. He lay his head on her head in comfort. She stroked his fur mindlessly. Her headphones were around her neck on top of her camera strap which prevented it from falling to the ground. She stared off into the street, her imagination and thoughts consuming.

Suddenly, a beeping horn caught Gemini's attention as she turned to the car. They opened the door of the passenger side.

"Get in loser." He told her and she smiled.

"We're going shopping." She finished making Tony laugh. She dropped her bags in the back of the car before sitting herself in the passenger side, Dixon jumping on her legs. She smiled at the man. "Thank you for this Tony." She thanked him.

He waved a dismissive hand. "I've been telling you to come stay for years. You have a room ready, and decorated to your liking and we all know how happy it'll make the Barton kids that you're there. And finally I want to see how long you'll go without being noticed by the rest of the Avengers." Gemini laughed slightly. She nodded agreeing with his idea.

"I'll play along." She agreed making the man smile.

"Also, before we go back, do you want any food? I want to annoy them by coming home with food." He asked as the girl smiled. She nodded. "Okay, where though?" She pulled a face at the man.

"Need you ask such a question?" He knew if she had said this it would've have been with a sarcastic voice. He sighed before driving towards McDonalds.

"Why is it, whenever you and I are in the same car, we always get McDonalds?" Tony asked her. She shrugged.

"The almighty goodness that Ronald McDonald created. Pay our respects to the terrifying clown." She signed.

Tony scoffed. "Coming from the girl with the crippling fear of clowns." She narrowed her eyes at him.

"The day you get chased down the street by a chainsaw wielding maniacal clown, you will understand and apologise immediately." She explained but Tony only shrugged.

"We'll see."

|/\|/\|/\|

The pair pulled into the compound and Gemini's eyes went wide in shock. She had never been to the compound before but what she saw, she did not expect. She thought it would be big, but not this freaking big. The place seemed oddly familiar.

"Didn't your dad come here when SHIELD was still a thing?" She asked. Tony nodded as they stepped out the car. "Thought so."

Gemini grabbed her bags and started wheeling them to the door. Tony walked her into the kitchen where many of the group where.

"I smell food. Who has food?" Someone asked. Gemini recognised him from his white hair. She had seen him running when she was walking home one day. She remembered he was one of the Maximoff twins, Pietro. He looked to Tony and gasped. "Where's ours?" He asked insulted.

"Get your own." Tony pulled out a pen and wrote his name on the McDonalds bag. Nobody from the group had seemed to notice Gemini. She smirked at this. It had begun.

Tony glanced at her before ushering her out the room, walking down a hallway he smirked at her. "And so it begins."

"It does indeed." She replied as they reached a door.

"This is your room." He opened the door to a decorated room, full of belongings that Gemini had forgotten at Tony's over the years. Books, movies, iPods, photos and music.

The room had teal walls, Gemini's favourite colour. Hanging from many of the walls were fairy lights, many photos connected to them. Photos of friends, of family and photos of herself and Dixon. Drawings, obviously drawn by children hung proudly on them too. A Peter Pan themed clock hung just above her bed. She smiled at her favourite childhood movie. A desk was placed in the corner, inhabiting stacks of movies along with a music player and music, on both disk and cassette. A small bookshelf stood in the corner, a beanbag just beside it. The drawers for her clothing was between the bookshelf and the desk, a medium sized, love heart shaped mirror just above it on the wall. A dog bed lay in the left corner closest to the door, a blue blanket inside it along with chew toys Tony knew the dog would enjoy. Finally, the bed was in the far left corner. A single sofa bed, that Tony knew Gemini loved as she had wanted one for the longest time when she was growing up. It was covered in a Harry Potter duvet much to her happiness and had cushions thrown about it with a long fluffy blanket at the end. A small beside table beside it, containing a wireless lamp.

Gemini stared in amazement at the room before hugging Tony. She was grateful to have Tony as a good friend. "Thank you." She signed after pulling away. "It's amazing."

He nodded. "Like I've said to you, we've had this ready for years, ever since we moved upstate. You've always been welcome. You're just a stubborn bitch." She slapped his arm in mock annoyance. "I'm joking, I'm happy you like it. Also, the drawings are from the mini Hawks." She giggled at the nicknames.

"They're lovely, you can tell which are Lila's and which are Cooper's though. Lila is much more skilled in the art." Tony laughed at the woman before kissing her head.

"Get some sleep, and welcome home." He told her and she nodded, fully entering the room.

For now, she didn't bother unpacking her stuff, she placed the now open case and bag on the floor and picked out her pyjamas before changing and snuggling down into bed. Although the dog bed was in the corner, Dixon still ended up curling up at the end of the bed beside Gemini's feet.

She smirked at the dog before patting his fur and lying down her eyes slowly growing heavier as she become unaware of the world, drifting off into a fantasy land.

She was happy to know that Tony Stark would forever look out for her.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoy this chapter

The next one will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx