026. Wins

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI STARED BOREDLY at the training that occurred in the room. She sat upon one of the benches, trying to distract herself. At first it was tapping on her leg, then it moved to messing with her hair. Finally, she began to bounce her leg, humming a small song she'd remembered.

She watched aimlessly as Bucky and Steve fought each other, Bucky's metal arm slamming into Steve's stomach, sending him off track. She smirked at this just before Bucky got the shield thrown into his chest, sending him flying.

Tony was doing target practice, which Gemini personally thought was unnecessary seen as he had built in aim. Sam was flying around shooting at higher targets. Clint and Natasha were sparring as were Wanda and Pietro. Thor was seeing how far he could throw his hammer and Bruce merely sat on the benches, reading another scientific book. Vision wasn't doing very much either, mostly due to the fact that he could only phase through walls or use the mind stone as a laser beam.

Gemini racked her brain for something to do before finally clicking. She stood quickly and went to tray of weapons that stood in the corner. Picking up the weapons she wanted she walked backwards, away from the targets. Many people watched in confusion until she made the first move, throwing the knife towards the target, embedding them in the middle. She walked passed every target, throwing every knife in her hand before turning back to the targets. Every one had a knife sticking from its chest. 

She turned to the Avengers, who stared in shock at her accuracy. She mockingly bowed before going to grab the knives, returning them to the table.

"Nat, we know you taught, but we didn't think that well." Bucky pointed to the woman who sorted the knives in size, smallest to biggest. Nat smirked towards the girl's back.

"She asked me to teach her." She remarked. Gemini turned around once finishing. She nodded.

"I wanted to learn everything possible about weapons. I had a dark phase." She shrugged before going to the gun table, picking up one of the pistols. She held it in her hand before showing the whole team and placing it beside her. "That's a HS2000." She began pointing out the pistols until picking ups the last one. "Ruger SR-Series."

Sam looked quite scared at that. "If you know so much about guns, shoot one." Gemini rolled her eyes at his challenge.

She picked up the HS2000 before aiming at the target carelessly, firing it three times. His eyes widened as she hit the bullseye each time. She placed the pistol back on the tray and turned to him. "Not just a pretty face, darling." She mocked.

Tony laughed at this before dropping down beside her, patting her as soft as possible. "You've come a long way from the girl that refused to step foot in Stark Industries for three years." She shrugged.

"I said I was okay with guns and knives, not nukes." She retorted. Tony nodded in realisation. 

"Fair point." He replied before leaving her to it. She glanced over to Bucky to see him smiling at her. She smiled back warmly. 

Suddenly, a door banged open, setting everyone on high alert. Gemini on the other hand knew immediately of the person. She remembered what day it was. She held a hand up as she saw Joe's shadow come into view shortly followed by his body. 

He was panting as he quickly ran to Gemini and grabbed her shoulders. "Gemini...Gemini." Joe slowly caught his breath before finally smiling brightly. "I won. I've got it...I've got custody!" Gemini gasped in joy at Joe's announcement before hugging him tight. She could tell he was overjoyed with the news. "She comes to live with me tomorrow." Gemini could see the smile etched so brightly on his features.

"That's amazing Joe, I told you, you were winning by a landslide." He hugged her again. "I'm so happy for you." He thanked her, kissing her head.

"Anyone else completely lost?" Pietro asked, many agreeing. Joe sighed with happiness, trying to contain his excitement.

"If you didn't know, I have a daughter." Joe began to explain the situation of him and the fight for custody over Becky. "Now I've won, she's staying with me." The realisation hit many in that moment.

Gemini tapped his shoulder. "Who else knows?" Joe shook his head.

"I came here immediately after. I wanted to tell the person that helped me most first. That was you." Gemini smiled at his response before hugging him again, thanking him. "Thank you so much Gem. You helped me so much and told me to keep fighting when I thought I couldn't anymore." Gemini couldn't stop smiling as she felt tears well in her eyes. 

"I'd help you with anything. You're my family. Ohana motherfucker." Joe laughed at her last statement. "Now go tell the others before they flip their shit. We know if they don't find out soon."

"Nate's probably got a tracker in my phone." Gemini shrugged.

"Probably." Joe hugged Gemini one last time before saying goodbye to the others, apologising for interrupting their training. 

Gemini smiled as she turned back to the group. Bucky saw the happiness radiating from her once more. He loved seeing her smile, a pure proper smile. They weren't something seen too often from the girl, that's what he loved so much.

She walked out of the training room after that, returning to her room and placing her headphones over her ears and scrolling through her songs before finding her classics. Queen being the main one.

She began bopping her head to the tune before gradually escalating jumping up and down to the beat. She was truly happy for once.

And this was how she expressed it.

-----♔-----

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Joe's finally got custody of little Becky

She's played by Maggie Elizabeth Jones.

Her full name is Rebecca Caitlyn Talken AKA Becky

The next chapter will be out soon

Kayla Lou xxx