"WHAT!?" Y/N tried to move back from the pool, but her body wouldn't respond. "Why? That's possible?"

          Quite possible, and it's for the safety of humankind. Whether you have good intentions or not, you just waterbended with your emotions. La slowly returned to circling with Tui, who remained silent.

          You must imagine with me, a human being with the ability to bend with her mind, being able to bend something as small as venom in a sting, then the blood within her own body. She is unstoppable. La filled Y/N's mind with visions of the possibilities, the bloodshed and screaming...

          "I don't want to control people!" Y/N yelped. "I don't want to kill anyone!" 

          I know that, Y/N, but you must remember what you just did wasn't a consciousness decision. What if this power grows, and you get angry with someone, and you subconsciously make their brain expand until-

          "Stop! Stop this!" Y/N didn't care about the possibility of angering the ocean spirit. She didn't want to hear it anymore. La stayed silent for a few minutes, making Y/N's anxiety spike. Had she angered it?

          I can offer a compromise. La finally spoke, sounding contemplative. I will grant you perfect control over your own power, but it comes with a warning. 

          "What is it?" Y/N asked, desperate.

          I will connect your morality to your soul. If you compromise everything for power and control, you will lose your soul, collapsing into irreversible insanity, leading you to end your own life. La said darkly. You will cease to exist in this world and the next. These are my terms.

          Y/N couldn't speak for a few moments, trying not to be overwhelmed by the situation.

          "I accept your terms."

                             —|〰️〰️〰️|—

          Y/N wasn't sure how long she sat by the pool before Watertribe soldiers came to escort her to a safe hut. She simply stayed there, staring at the circling, and now silent fish until they hauled her away.

           She got to keep her bending. That was something to be happy about.

           It felt horrible. She had never been one for power, but when anyone has the means of world domination at their fingertips, the temptation comes no matter who you were.

          The fear was real. These terms prevented her from hurting too many people, but she could easily kill hundreds before she went insane and ceased to exist. 

          She had to be careful.

          Day turned back to night, and she simply sat on her cot, mortified and trying to sleep, trying to allow her body to actually recover, but nothing worked. 

          The only time she woke from her stupor was when the moon spirit passed, and even then she felt like she wasn't all there. She couldn't do anything about it, she knew, but there was a burning anger that set into the pit of her stomach. It didn't feel like hers, though. It was La's anger and loss that burned within her.

          With almost no control over her own body, she got up and left the house, ignoring the guards' confused yells. She could feel his presence. The killer.

          She found him on a bridge, fighting Zuko in the darkness of the moonless night. The moment Zhao saw her, he stopped fighting, a wide grin spreading across his face.

          "Y/N! My dear, and here I thought you'd escaped again!" His voice seemed muffled, far away. Y/N was there, but she wasn't. Y/N wasn't the one that kept walking towards him. She wasn't the one who completely ignored Zuko, despite his worried warnings about Zhao, and grateful attitude that she was healing well.

          Right now, she was simply the embodiment of La's rage. 

          I will give you a taste of this untouchable power, that you may fear it too much to use for the rest of your days. La seethed in Y/N's mind.

          "Y/N?" Zuko asked in a worried voice.

                              —warning: vivid gruesome descriptions, the end of possibly triggering content will be marked with another bold note—

          Y/N raised one hand, fingers outstretched towards Zhao, who began walking towards her, still smirking. She felt his heart beating, his blood. All that water, completely under her control.

          "You're mine." Zhao growled, then froze in his steps, eyes wide.

          "How dare you." La's voice boomed from Y/N's mouth. "Your actions have decided you're fate. Weep, for your final hour is here, you know not what you have done." Y/N let out a long breath, slowly curling her fingers into a fist.

          Zhao fell to his knees, screaming as his body began to twist strangely. Y/N could feel the way his blood boiled in his veins, the bones twisting and moving. Tears formed in his eyes, but they were red, blood pouring from his sockets as the screaming continued. Zuko stumbled back, covering his mouth in horror as he braced himself on the railing.

          "May your soul never rest." La cursed him, and Y/N brought her fist up, Zhao's screams cutting off abruptly, replaced by a sick, wet cracking sound as his spine snapped in half. 

          Zuko watched the broken body hit the ground, red pooling on the ice bridge from the Admiral's mouth and eyes. 

                               —possibly triggering content ended—

          Y/N lowered her hand, and Zuko stood there, shaking, unable to move, hand still over his mouth as he stared at her in horror. This felt horribly amazing. The power she held in her fingertips was so close to irresistible. How could I even think of using this under my own control and power?

          She burst into tears, falling onto her knees and sobbing uncontrollably.

          You have been warned, Y/N. Choose wisely. La whispered.

                              —End Of Season 1—

          A big thanks to everyone still here, I hope you will stick around for the future seasons!

          A reminder: this fanfiction is not outlined, and is simply written as the story goes along. Plot holes and other problems are unavoidable, but thank you for staying with it.

          -StarSensitive